I have FB 1.5 installed on my phone but I DID NOT set up the Blackberry contacts feature. My contacts now have their place of employment listed from FB which is annoying to me and their FB picture shows up when I make/recieve a call. Any way to disable this feature, I know many people think it's cool but it annoys the sh!t out of me.
    05-06-09 05:21 PM
    Open Facebook, hit Menu, Options, then under "Connect your Facebook account with:" - make sure "BlackBerry Contacts application" is not checked.
    05-06-09 05:25 PM
    Open Facebook, hit Menu, Options, then under "Connect your Facebook account with:" - make sure "BlackBerry Contacts application" is not checked.
    Yeah, that's my problem. The box is not checked yet the employers and pictures still show up on my phone. Any other suggestions?
    05-06-09 05:35 PM
    Try running through the Setup Wizard with Facebook - not sure what else to try, I like having it set up that way. Sorry.
    05-06-09 05:41 PM
    I had the same problem. I tried everything including uninstalling Facebook and deleting the service books. The only solution I can think of us to restore to a backup file from before you installed Facebook 1.5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 07:06 PM
    It's a bummer we haven't figured this out yet, because now I have the same problem and it is driving me nuts!
    07-14-10 10:23 PM
    The problem is once they've synced, they're gonna stay that way. You can change the option in FB app all you want, but it's not going to remove any changes to your contacts, it just won't add any additional changes.

I didn't like it either, but I just went in and deleted the company info from the contacts. Luckily I didn't have *too* many.
    07-14-10 10:29 PM
    ok, thank you!
    07-14-10 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD