Hi,

I'm sorry if this question has already been answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere, and I was hoping someone could help me!

I thought that by synching my facebook with my contacts, that I would be able to get the picture of my contact added to my regular BB phonebook. Is that true? And if it is, is there a way to do it, or does it do it automatically? I added a friend to my BB phonebook who was already a friend on Facebook. I tried to put their name in under the "facebook" part of the new address page, and it wouldn't let me, but a few minutes after I entered her address, it entered her name as it appears on facebook - but it didn't add her picture.

Now, here's part two of the question. I had PhoneFace downloaded on my phone (I was just using the free trial) and all my contacts that are friends on Facebook, I just used their facebook picture. But I deleted PhoneFace, but their pictures stayed on there - not only stayed, but they continue to change if my friend changes their facebook picture, so I figured my contacts were still linked in some way, which is actually what I want.

So I guess my entire question is - CAN I link my BB contacts to Facebook and use their default picture as my contact picture? And how exactly do I do that?

And before anyone asks, I do have the option checked in Facebook on my BB for it to be synched to my BB contacts. As soon as I checked that, my friend's name appeared in my BB contact window, but her picture did not, so I'm not sure if I"m doing something wrong, or if what I"m wanting is just impossible without PhoneFace linking them first.

Thanks for your help!
    I looooooooooove my Blackberry!!! =)
    05-11-09 03:26 PM
    I installed the facebook app to my bb, and pretty sure i selected to sync my contacts, and i now get pics with whoever had their number on facebook that was in my phonebook. not sure if this helps you or not.
    05-11-09 04:36 PM
    well that answers my question on whether or not it was supposed to do that! But now I guess I need to know if it happens automatically when you add a new contact who is already a FB friend or if you need to do it manually?
    05-11-09 06:38 PM
    I synched mine also, but I don't everyone pictures. Not sure why. Out of the 15 that synched, only 10 of their pictures show up.
    05-11-09 06:44 PM
    I went into my friends list and linked everyone by selecting their names and hitting menu. There is a add blackberry contact option there and once added there will be a refresh also.

So I did it manually, along w hitting th synch. Some contacts just didn't match the names, as I don't have proper names for everyone.

The problem I found is many pictures won't load up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 06:50 PM
    You may need to delete your cache or something like that under Facebook options. When I linked my contacts when I first installed FB 1.5, almost all my contacts linked with pictures. I wonder if the corresponding person on FB has to accept your settings, like an invite or something...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD