I've lately been experiencing issues with my Facebook application on my BB Tour (9630). Whether it be poking, commenting or sending messages - I get an error message saying that there has been a failure in connecting to the server. After it fails, I usually have to "resend" the request - anywhere from 1 to 5 times - to get it to go through. The actual messages I get are: "There was an error in transmitting your notification, you can try resending it." or "There was a problem while communicating with Facebook." Is it just me? Is this a BB issue or a FB issue? HELP!
    Last edited by babypapillon; 11-12-09 at 04:41 PM. Reason: more details
    11-12-09 03:59 PM
    Don't worry babypapillon!!! your not the only going through this BS. So far from what everyone has been complaining about this is affecting everyone with the new facebook app (1.7 i believe) and there is no way to downgrade it either. I've tried everything from trying to reinstall it, log out and back in, and even do the good old reliable battery pull but even that didn't help at all. I also emailed RIM's APP store contact support to see what they have to say about it but no word from them...yet. For now just try to make the best of it, trust me i believe by everyone complaining about this on this blog RIM will catch note of it and see what's up with Facebook. i do really wish Facebook would make a decent working app for us BlackBerry users/addicts they always seem to leave us out of the good stuff.
    11-12-09 04:41 PM
    I've been experiencing the same issue, along with a few other people I've talked to. I can see the status / news feed, but I can't respond to friend requests, can't read status comments or anything like that. Running 1.7 on a Bold 9000.
    11-12-09 05:07 PM
    good news!! i'm not too sure if this applies to everyone else but it appears as though the facebook app is up and running again. no more connection issues or problems connecting to facebook!!! yay!!! THANK YOU RIM!!! or FACEBOOK! try using the app now guys
    11-12-09 07:04 PM
    Thanks Royinferno69! Knock on wood...but I haven't had issues yet. I've also emailed the Facebook for Blackberry developer to see what the issue is...which was prior to your last response!
    11-12-09 10:37 PM
    I not so sure it's only the FB app either. I chat on FB via IM+ and it too seems to have difficulty maintaining a solid connection. I think their servers need some work; GT and MSN connections are as solid as a rock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD