Facebook is finally rolling out its @facebook.com messaging service and I was wondering if there would ever be a way to integrate this service with the "push email" capability of BlackBerry devices. I tried it out by using the built-in email setup app but of course, expectedly, failed to complete the process successfully.

The main reason I wanted to utilize push email for Facebook was due to the native Facebook/RIM app's inability to work properly with the BlackBerry Messages application. I liked the integration but hated its bugginess and shortcomings.

Any thoughts?

Oh by the way, Happy 4th Birthday CrackBerry!
    03-10-11 02:38 AM
    Facebook is finally rolling out its @facebook.com messaging service and I was wondering if there would ever be a way to integrate this service with the "push email" capability of BlackBerry devices. I tried it out by using the built-in email setup app but of course, expectedly, failed to complete the process successfully.

The main reason I wanted to utilize push email for Facebook was due to the native Facebook/RIM app's inability to work properly with the BlackBerry Messages application. I liked the integration but hated its bugginess and shortcomings.

Any thoughts?

Oh by the way, Happy 4th Birthday CrackBerry!

Facebook is a dead end for data, as Google put it, I really think they wont be very forthcoming with setting up remove access to email via Outlook/BIS/Lotus.

they'll want you visiting the website, consuming the website to maximize ad revenue, they HAD to allow facebook apps to be competitive as a social networking site, but facebook is not your friend
    03-10-11 09:31 AM
    Well put, I'd have to agree with your thoughts on this. Now if only RIM would get the native Facebook app to behave properly...
    03-11-11 07:48 AM
    Now if only RIM would get the native Facebook app to behave properly...
    Seconded!!

The Facebook app is slowly becoming embaressingly primitive in comparison to the competitors.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD