I downloaded Palringo for my Bold this afternoon. It looks like a pretty stable program. I'd like to add FB chat to it, but it's not one of the services listed.

I've read elsewhere for other platforms that FB chat is in beta and can be unlocked somehow.

Does anyone know how to do this for BlackBerry?

Thanks...

C
    02-20-09 10:12 PM
    Don't know about Palringo but I do know that BeeJive have been saying that their going to add FaceBook IM.
    02-21-09 12:48 AM
    facebook recently changed the way that the IM is transfered so that all the applications that were working on getting FB chat or had it are now back to the drawing board

they said that there were security issues with the way they were doing it (AKA pple were accessing FB chat from other resources)

its just a matter of time before its unlocked again but it will be a wile
    02-21-09 09:03 AM
    Download and install the Palringo desktop application, and configure Facebook from there. You should then be able to use it on your mobile, if you're using the same user account.
    02-21-09 02:13 PM
    Facebook now shows up on the PC version with the latest update. I've added Facebook there, but it looks like it doesn't carry over to 0.79 on the BB. Hopefully there will be any update coming soon to add this to our beloved BBs.
    Last edited by Xopher; 02-21-09 at 09:56 PM.
    02-21-09 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD