I'll start off by saying that I'm sure this has been discussed many times before, in fact I know it has because I've read a lot of the threads and never found a satisfactory answer. Anyway, looking at all the options we have for Facebook chat on BlackBerry it seems that the "best" is from within RIM's Facebook app. However, this isn't perfect because it likes to disconnect me at times (I assume it's when there's a drop in signal / connection, but I don't know for sure because it happens when I'm not paying attention to the phone).

Facebook's messenger app is great and keeps be connected, but it kills my battery life due to needing a constant connection VS RIM's push notifications.

BeeJive, is awesome, has a great UI, and good integration, as well as being very kind on the battery. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work quite as well on newer OS 7 BBs as I remember it being (perfect) on my old OS 5 BB.

IM+ is OK, but it's an app storage hog (memory drains significantly quicker when it's installed) and I also hate having to manually out it into push mode.

I've also tried a few of these Facebook chat apps floating around in app world (rocket chat comes to mind), but none of them have push notifications (that I've found) so I might as well use the Facebook official chat app.

Now after this long post, what I'm really asking is; why does RIM's Facebook app disconnect me from chat (complains about not being able to connect at this time) and how can I avoid these disconnects. OR are there any of these simple Facebook chat apps (that I mentioned last) which use push notifications and perhaps feel as nice as RIM's chat implementation?
    02-15-12 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD