I installed bolt broswer and i went to fb and there it show chat and i clicked it and had all my friends thats on fb that i can chat with.I clicked a name it opened chat i was able to type but couldnt send.Anyone else tried or saw this that has bolt browser.Thanks.
    10-25-09 02:06 PM
    I have a similar prob but don't know how to rectify it. Can someone help us pls!
    04-02-10 08:23 AM
    I just tried it myself, and indeed the "send" button you'd need to click on is nowhere to be found.

I would recommend, instead, downloading a chat program which, as the name implies, is specifically for chatting via Facebook and, in fact, often-times other protocols as well. It would make it a lot easier anyway. I use Beejive, which supports Facebook chat as well as Google talk (basically anyone logged into GMail whom you've emailed before), Yahoo! Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger, and probably others as well.

If you use Beejive, understand that for the past month or so people have had to use a "jabber-talk" workaround. That is, in Beejive, when adding an account, you add a "jabber" account, NOT a Facebook one. The instructions are like this:

1) Login to Facebook.com through your desktop web browser (note: using Bolt may work, but I can't promise)

2) On the top right under Account drop down, select Account Settings. On the list of options available, choose creating/adding a username and follow the instructions there to create a username. (Note: a user-name is a different field vs the email you use for log-in.) Logout of Facebook and try re-logging in and make sure the user-name is successfully added. (NOTE: in my case, I already had a user name there, there was no need to add a user-name at all, so I simply made note of its value.)

3) Open Beejive, add account while selecting jabber service (Remember you are adding facebook account through jabber and should select jabber service and not facebook service under Network/account types on the Add Account dialog/screen).

4) Add the user name as username@chat.facebook.com. This is the same user-name that was created (or referenced) in step #2. Your password is the same password that you use to login to facebook.com

5) Now try to login through Beejive and you should be good to go.

These directions are derived from this link which has a posting of mine where I linked to the Beejive site for instructions on how to set it up. I've done that, and I'm good to go. (If that link doesn't work, try http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...k-chat-434580/)

Once you've done that, you won't even care about Bolt (or whatever browser) not working properly in that regard anyway.

I would certainly anticipate an update of Beejive being produced ultimately which will make it the more straightforward process it was before. Until then, once you've gotten this setup, everything is fine.

Also, I am sure there are other programs out there which support Facebook chat, some of them may even be free (Beejive is free to try-out, cost $15 or so to keep). This is what works for me.
    Last edited by larrytxeast; 04-02-10 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Fixed link.
    04-02-10 10:40 AM
    hmm, i don't have facebook so I can't try it myself. When you type your chat, can you hit the "menu" button on the phone and click "submit" in Bolt?
    04-02-10 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD