Parlingo have released their latest version 0.83 which supports facebook chat. Just go to the parlingo mobile website download the app. You will need to create a parlingo account thengo to settings and click add service and scroll down to facebook chat.
    The only issue I have with this is it doesn't support blackberry notifications by vibrate or led it just beeps when you receive a new message.

But overall brilliant application I have been looking for something like this to be compatible with 8900 and its completely free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 04:37 PM
    just to give people options, ebuddy works great for facebook chat as well. they dont have an 8900 build yet, but i downloaded the 8320 version and it seems to work well. navigate to eBuddy Mobile Messenger Download to download it.

i currently use both of these applications as they both have their pros and cons. just thought id throw this out there.
    02-28-09 04:46 PM
    I can't get it to load on my 8310. Won't let met through phone browser, "says cannot locate remote server" internet works fine on Tmobile.Tried downloading from pc to dm but wont.
    03-25-09 10:04 PM
    Interesting news!

I'm sure this runs through data, as opposed to using up text messages, correct?

If so, do any of these work through WiFi, as opposed to EDGE? (I want to use it outside of my service area.)
    03-25-09 11:05 PM
    Interesting news!

I'm sure this runs through data, as opposed to using up text messages, correct?

If so, do any of these work through WiFi, as opposed to EDGE? (I want to use it outside of my service area.)
    quoted from Palringo website:

Palringo connects over the internet and will not work through a proxy. If you are using Palringo on a mobile phone then it will only use the phones data connection, whether that be WiFi, GPRS or 3G (not WAP) for example, and does not send/receive any SMS messages.
    ================================

the version that is good for download is not wifi-enabled , yet for BB!
    Last edited by yyhhcc; 03-26-09 at 02:07 AM.
    03-26-09 01:32 AM
    quoted from Palringo website:

Palringo connects over the internet and will not work through a proxy. If you are using Palringo on a mobile phone then it will only use the phones data connection, whether that be WiFi, GPRS or 3G (not WAP) for example, and does not send/receive any SMS messages.
    ================================

the version that is good for download is not wifi-enabled , yet for BB!
    Thanks for the info! That's good news, but what you're saying is that the BB version with WiFi isn't available yet?
    03-26-09 12:11 PM
    I think i read that jivetalk now offers fb chat.. is that true?
    03-26-09 12:22 PM
    I think i read that jivetalk now offers fb chat.. is that true?
    Yes that's true, I have beejive installed which now supports facebook IM , Very good all in one IM app but not to cheap at $30 I think.

Facebook chat version is only a BETA but I have not had any issues with it.
    03-26-09 12:34 PM
    I have beejive installed already.. i'm still using the free trial.. I guess I need an updated one?
    03-26-09 12:37 PM
    I don't even have a fb so that would be useless for me. Hopefully it helps others

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 12:56 PM
    I tried ebuddy, worked good but ate the battery!
    03-26-09 12:56 PM
    Maybe I'm just dumb... but when I go to get.ebuddy.com, I don't see "BlackBerry" or "RIM" or anything like that. Are you sure they make a version of eBuddy for the BlackBerry?

I went ahead and downloaded Palringo, since I couldn't find eBuddy for the BlackBerry. It seems to work wonderfully so far. I agree that it would be nice if it could notify you by vibrating instead of making a noise when you had a new message, but I only sign in when I'm able to respond to messages, and I tend to mute the noise anyway.
    09-01-09 08:27 PM
    02-01-11 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD