Ok...so for those of you who haven't noticed yet, Facebook recently released a chat app...I'm using it ALL the time at work...

SO...who agrees that there should be a Facebook Chat app? or at least release a new version of the current app to include the chat feature.

04-23-08 06:41 PM
    I take it you mean an app on the berry, that would be cool.
    04-23-08 06:42 PM
    i do! i do! i download the Facebook application to my Cranberry but i promptly removed it. i felt like it didn't do enough. so maybe this chat feature would bring enough to the table for me to give it another try.
    04-23-08 06:44 PM
    So where exactly is this chat app? on the computer or on the app for the Berry?
    04-23-08 06:55 PM
    Ok...so for those of you who haven't noticed yet, Facebook recently released a chat app...I'm using it ALL the time at work...

SO...who agrees that there should be a Facebook Chat app? or at least release a new version of the current app to include the chat feature.

So sorry everyone...wasn't clear enough...the new Facebook chat is on your computer/desktop...

In my post I was asking how many people would love to have this feature built into the Facebook app on your berry...

it seems like we have a few votes...keep em coming!

Also...go check out the chat options on your desktop when you get a chance, it's great!
    04-23-08 07:04 PM
    I think an app like this on the BB would be awesome!
    04-23-08 07:16 PM
    I wonder if they are going to do a upgraded version with the chat its fun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 07:19 PM
    Almost all my Facebook friends are from CB, so BBM works for me. lol
    04-23-08 07:21 PM
    It would be so sick... I was using this feature all last night talking to tons of people. I really hope they update the app and add this feature

04-24-08 12:04 PM
    when first i realize about the chatting feature on the pc browser i straight away look for the chat feature for berry.. but its not out yet.. will be really awesome to have this app on berry..
    04-25-08 12:17 AM
    the best idea imho would be to find out who the program was made by e.g. who in RIM made it and see if they could incorperate the chat feature
    04-25-08 08:22 AM
    Sound good to me!
    04-25-08 05:10 PM
    Chat for BBFB would be must have. People really life FB and this chat features. Also this shoud be so easy for RIM, just mix GTalk and FB app = FB app with chat...
    04-25-08 06:06 PM
    At least for the desktop, there is a pidgin plugin that allows facebook chat when you don't have FB open in your browser. But it would be great to have it on the BB too.
    08-28-08 03:42 PM
    The most I could see coming from this is if Jivetalk or an IM program had it set like IM's where you see your friends names and stuff on there
    08-28-08 04:00 PM
    t'would be awesome! I love my FB app- it's great for uploading pics and replying to walls...it could be SO much better though..
    08-29-08 09:35 PM
    They need to make an app for the PC as of right now it is only web based and if you are an opera user it doesn't always work the best in the browser.... I end ip having to open up IE and running it in that and run opera for regular stuff and that hust kills memory on the computer which is bad enough with opera.....

02-28-09 09:54 PM
    The thing is, I'm pretty sure including chat in the FB app for Blackberry would require a complete rebuild of the app. Right now, running the app doesn't log you in to FB, it simply interracts with the email functions of FB.

There are already a lot of great apps for computers that offer FB support (my favorite right now is Digsby), and eBuddy for Blackberry already has it incorporated too. eBuddy is too slow to use with multiple accounts though.

I wish Instango would start supporting FB chat. In the meantime, if FB chat is important to you on your BB, you could try running eBuddy just for FB and Instango for all your other chat accounts.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 02-28-09 at 10:27 PM.
    02-28-09 10:22 PM
    that sounds like a cool app for sure. I hope they release one too... it would be cool if they released one for myspace too :X I'm not sure how many of you guys out there agree with that lol but hey cmon!
    02-28-09 10:28 PM
    I actually emailed Beejive about this, they replied and told me that they're testing Facebook chat internally. Hopefully this means we'll see it in Jivetalk pretty soon.
    03-01-09 06:09 AM
    Agree. I put it on the berry and deleted it right away. It doesn't do enough. Chat would be great. I'd re install it.

03-01-09 06:22 AM
    check ebuddy.com
    03-01-09 08:17 AM
    Nimbuzz is a free multi chat client that supports facebook chat. It loads somewhat slowly on my pearl but it does work and supports suretype unlike ebuddy. I have heard that it doesn't work if you have a large friend list (I think a non working number was 600).

03-01-09 09:12 AM
    Ofcourse I agree it should be one.

03-01-09 02:43 PM
    Yeah that would definitely make the app much much better the one released now sucks

03-01-09 03:42 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD