I want to get rid of the Facebook Calendar entirely. I already have my FB linked to my google calendar, via url import link. I went to default services and restored google to the default. I unchecked the calendar option in the FB options. I want to get rid of the FB calendar entirely from my device. I would be cool with it if it only contained the events that originated on FB, but it doesn't. In the meantime I want to hide the calendar from displaying. I went to select calendar, but it returns the next time I open the calendar.
    04-22-09 09:06 AM
    Same here. I like that it adds everyone's birthday to my calendar but it's so annoying to have it duplicate all my events. I'd love to just delete it entirely.
    04-22-09 09:25 AM
    is only syncs birthdays for people in my blackberry contacts, is this normal or should it sync all facebook friends?
    04-22-09 09:29 AM
    Found a solution in another thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/fac...r-sync-207163/

"If you want to totally delete the Facebook calendar then go into Options -> Advanced -> Service Books and delete Facebook [ICAL]"

Make sure you set the option in Facebook to not sync the calendar.
    04-22-09 09:29 AM
    Thanks for that solution.

My calendar under a Today theme was not working because of the Facebook Calendar (it was displaying Facebook appointments). I tried deleting all my Facebook appointments, uninstalling the Facebook app but it wouldn't go away. Thanks again, now I can reinstall Facebook and hope it doesn't message everyone.
    04-24-09 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD