I've had this problem for a few days now. The little icon that alerts me to a facebook notification on my homescreen hasn't disappeared. I sent a friend a message, they replied, and then I replied and accidentally tried to delete the message from my facebook inbox.

In my actual messages on my phone, I went to delete the message as I normally would, but it had the three lines as if it were still trying to send the message even though it had already sent, and it wouldn't let me delete the message. I also tried to do "Mark Prior Opened," and that failed to work as well.

I eventually battery pulled, but that didn't work either. I inevitably tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Facebook app, but after I reinstalled, that same icon popped back up.

Help would be appreciated
    05-30-11 10:18 PM
    Back it up .. Perform a hand held wipe and then restore the necessities ie. contacts, calendar, etc.
    05-30-11 10:26 PM
    There must be something more simple than that.
    05-30-11 10:31 PM
    Unfortunately not. For some reason it gets stuck in the memory...
    05-30-11 10:39 PM
    I had this problem for the longest time. Funny enough what worked was when I deactivated my Facebook account and then reactivated it (on my computer), I never had the problem again.
    06-04-11 04:46 PM
    This happens to the myspace app too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 06:52 PM
    This happens to me all the time..it's just a glitch in the Facebook app messaging system. Just go mark the message as unopened..then mark as opened again and the alert should be gone. Or mark as unopened, view the message, and close out the app...or just read the message and delete it (you may not want to do this third one if your facebook app is integrated with ur blackberry message).
    06-05-11 03:19 PM
    This happens to me all the time..it's just a glitch in the Facebook app messaging system. Just go mark the message as unopened..then mark as opened again and the alert should be gone. Or mark as unopened, view the message, and close out the app...or just read the message and delete it (you may not want to do this third one if your facebook app is integrated with ur blackberry message).
    This will fix it. Facebook has been updated also with a new message system which the BB app does not work correctly with so also re-check all your messages/chat from a computer (or the mobile site perhaps).
    06-08-11 05:14 PM
    No.
    Go to your facebook and click M(for messages)
    Then click some of the messages, there should be one where someone messaged you 2 times in a row without you replying.
    When facebook opened the message on your phone, it didn't mark the first message as read so even though it doesn't show in messages, it shows in notifications.

The sad part is that it requires you to open every message and wait for the loading thing to disappear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 05:36 PM
    I just had this on mine, my FB alert icon with the #2 next to it, but I've opened all messages, or so I thought.

Like the above person stated, I went and began opening every message again and noticed there were to upgrade messages from FB. I had to open those, choose either "upgrade" or "cancel" (I chose "cancel"), and then the FB alert icon was GONE!
    01-24-13 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD