I have searched, so I am sorry if I am repeating a question.

How do you stop getting Facebook notifications on the blackberry? I get emails from facebook, so I do not need two types of notifications. Plus, in order to remove the notifications, you need to click on each notification individually to remove it and that gets annoying. So right now, my choice is to either let them pile up, or take the time to remove them one by one.

Anyone have the same problem, or more importantly, have a solution?

Thanks!
    07-16-09 09:51 AM
    i cant say i get double notifications. But if you go into your facebook settings and uncheck Intergrate with "Messages" you will should stop getting facebook notifications and your normal emails from facebook will come.
    07-16-09 09:57 AM
    i cant say i get double notifications. But if you go into your facebook settings and uncheck Intergrate with "Messages" you will should stop getting facebook notifications and your normal emails from facebook will come.
    Well its not that i get "double notifications" but i get an email AND a notification, so its two different types of notification.

I already have "connect your facebook account with...Blackberry Message Application" unchecked, but I am still receiving notifications....
    07-16-09 09:59 AM
    check your facebook account(on your pc)..you can specify which notices to receive
    07-16-09 10:01 AM
    check your facebook account(on your pc)..you can specify which notices to receive
    But, I WANT to receive notifications while I am on the computer. I just dont want them on my blackberry. Is there a specific option (on the pc) to choose not to get notifications through the Blackberry app?
    07-16-09 10:03 AM
    I don't think there is a way for the app to stop sending notifications to your blackberry while it is installed and running on your device. I could be wrong though so I will try to check and find out or someone else correct me.

I found that to be a pain for me as well but I just delete them when they come in. When I am signed into my facebook app, I do not receive notification emails. So I just get the facebook app notifications.
    07-16-09 10:07 AM
    Well you are receiving the email on your computer and your blackberry if you've set that account up on your phone. It's not double notifications.

The facebook app grabs that email on the blackberry and loads it into the facebook app as a notification, so it doesn't show up as a regular email on your phone.

If you turn off all email notifications you will still see the notifications on the bottom right in facebook, you just won't be emailed about them. There's really no other way to avoid it I don't think.

I could be wrong, but this is how I think it works..
    07-16-09 10:09 AM
    Well you are receiving the email on your computer and your blackberry if you've set that account up on your phone. It's not double notifications.

The facebook app grabs that email on the blackberry and loads it into the facebook app as a notification, so it doesn't show up as a regular email on your phone.

If you turn off all email notifications you will still see the notifications on the bottom right in facebook, you just won't be emailed about them. There's really no other way to avoid it I don't think.

I could be wrong, but this is how I think it works..
    Well I turned off the "connect to blackberry messages application" option in the facebook app, but that didnt do anything... I dont know what else to do. I would rather JUST get the email and not get any facebook notification up at the top of my BB.
    07-16-09 10:13 AM
    Well I turned off the "connect to blackberry messages application" option in the facebook app, but that didnt do anything... I dont know what else to do. I would rather JUST get the email and not get any facebook notification up at the top of my BB.
    I don't think it is possible while running the app to not get the notifications on top of your berry
    07-16-09 10:16 AM
    I don't think it is possible while running the app to not get the notifications on top of your berry
    Well, I am brand new to Blackberrys, so i may be doing something wrong. But, when i exit the program, i hit the blackberry button, then hit "close"

So is the app still running then? Because I still get those notifications...
    07-16-09 10:20 AM
    ever since i downloaded the fb app my notification emails from fb do not push to my bb....weird right? I dont care as i agree i dont want to be double notified.
    07-16-09 12:11 PM
    yeah i have "intergrate with messages" checked and i dont get the emails on my phone, just facebook notifications...which is the way i like it.
    07-17-09 09:01 AM
    yeah i have "intergrate with messages" checked and i dont get the emails on my phone, just facebook notifications...which is the way i like it.
    Hi where can i find the Intergrate with messages on my facebook via PC
    07-23-09 05:48 PM
    I am looking for the exact opposite here.... I'd rather get the notification in my email, not thru the app. I have found no way to turn off the FB app notifications only, I either have to delete the app completely or turn all notifications off. If anyone knows how to keep the notifications out of the app and only in the email please let me know!
    07-30-09 03:29 PM
    if none of the other suggestions work, try going into your email setup on the bb and play with the filter for your email address and see if that works.
    07-30-09 07:51 PM
    I get alerts to my fb app on bb, but not to my inbox on bb, however when I check my email on the pc, I see that I get alerts from fb but because of my app, I dont see those in my inbox on the bb...so when I am using my pc, I get the notification on the website, on my email online and an alert on my fb app, but being that I use my bb way more I like it that way....I just accept that I will get the alert three ways when face booking on the computer
    07-30-09 07:56 PM
    I dunno if any of you get this issue like I do....

1. From where I am, we don't have unlimited BB plans, so when I'm at my desk in the office or I'm at home connected to the net, I turn off my Data Services, so I don't "accidentally" download data that I can otherwise be receiving on my PC anyway. I only turn that on again when internet's not accessible (e.g. commuting, waiting for my plane, bored in a meeting [hehe], etc.)...

2. Now, when I finally turn on data services, I still get all the notifications of UNREAD stuff on my FB (thru my FB app in my BB) that I have already opened, read, and even replied to on my PC.

Having said that, is there a way that when I've already opened and read those notifications (using my FB in a browser on my PC), I wouldn't be receiving those same notifications anymore on my BB FB app?

Would appreciate any help.

Cheers and thanks in advance!
    07-30-09 11:09 PM
    not with the way notifications are structured. Notifications are sent via email (the same email you receive on your computer). I've had instances where I deleted the email on the computer before it got sent to my phone but that just happened to be perfect timing. (Email usually gets to my phone within 10 seconds of the email coming in)
    07-31-09 10:03 AM
    i just got the tour (my first BB!) and had the same issues. what i found is that by clicking "connect your facebook account with: blackberry message application," the "f" notification shows up on top, but i don't need to check the notifications on the fb. instead, since i integrated my fb acct w/the email app by checking the above option, i can check the fb notifications in my email! once i have read the notifications via my email, the "f" icon at the top automatically disappears. it seems that it may not be possible to get rid of the "f" icon at the top short of deleting the app or logging out of the fb app, but the fact that it displays at the top does not mean that u have to check the notifications via the fb app. so long as u have checked the option above, u can check your fb notifications by email and doing so gets rid of the "f" icon at the top. hope that makes sense.
    08-12-09 12:47 AM
    If you don't want app notifications, disassociate the email receiving the messages from the app.
    08-12-09 01:51 AM
    i mean, disassociate it from the phone.
    08-12-09 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD