I am having problems with contacts managment in facebook and google contact.

I have multiple duplicates when I switch on contacts>options>wireless synchronisation with my google contacts.

I am not sure if this is purely a google contacts and blackberry 9700 issue or it is coupled with facebook blackberry contacts manager.

Anyone knows how to resolve this and still hv wireless sync switched on?

Will os 405 help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 07:06 PM
    i keep the wireless sychronization off and then just use google sync, as the only contacts i want are the ones in my gmail account, and thats the only place i want to sync it to
    12-06-09 07:13 PM
    Matt, do u use facebook contacts?

And when u say google sync, u r refering to the mobile version, right?

12-06-09 08:43 PM
    gosh i have this issue now, mega mass dups!

i don't wanna sycn any apart from updating any contacts on my BB with facebook pictures and info... what went wrong!
    03-12-10 05:42 AM
    What went wrong ? using Google Sync when Google already has a Contact Sync on the BIS end of blackberry

wanna see?

Manage E-Mail > Google account > Sync Options > you'll see contacts and email ....

if you want to use Google Sync for contacts, just uncheck the "contacts box"

i had the same problem.

03-12-10 07:40 AM
    Its never fun when multiple syncs dump double contacts in your bb. I keep everything back'd up just in case.
    03-12-10 05:02 PM
    I just went through a Contacts nightmare using Google Sync. Not only were there multiple copies of the same contact, but it started to actually mix contact information!!...names with other people's email addresses, phone numbers, etc. Not sure what actually caused the haywire. But it seemed like Gmail & BB contact info formats(?) were fighting each other.

Anyway, I immediately got rid of the sync app, completely deleted all contacts off Gmail contacts, manually typed/edited all Contacts on the BB, and let the BIS take care of the rest (at the time, I did not think it was working, which is why I used the Google Sync app). And from this point on, I only update Contacts on my BB; never touch the Contact list on Gmail. So far, so good, but even now I notice Addresses kind of merge into one line, titles fall into First name, and middle initials fall into the Last name. At least they are not creating mass copies.

Is there an explanation out there somewhere? I've tried researching this, but never found a definite answer. Well, until then I advise everyone to use the BIS like mjneid mentioned, never use Google Sync, and look into the details of the duplicate contacts carefully before deleting them.
    03-15-10 09:01 AM
    I hv managed to get this worked.

U hv to start with an empty address book in bb and google sync the google contacts into the bb.

After that, it should work flawlessly.
    03-16-10 01:17 PM
    Hi, I'm new to BlackBerry, and recently i got a Bold 9700 with the idea of having my e-mail, calendar and contacts all perfectly synced between my mobile and my PC. I use a regular Google account for the three, and sadly none of the services is working as I expected with the phone.

1. Gmail: I have the "enhanced" Gmail plugin, and I can receive my email flawlessly, but it really is a shame that there's only a one-way syncing. I mean if I read my email through the Gmail website, using my PC, I would expect the phone to stop showing a new uneread message alert and stop the LED blinking. That's not happening, and there's no way to make it happen that way until the new BIS update coming soon... Am I right?

2. Contacts and Calendar: Enabling the Contact sync option from the account settings on the phone messed the Address field of the contacts. Not good. I downloaded Google Sync, but the automatic never worked. Everytime I add/update a contact I have to select the sync now option... even with this, sometimes the changes won't be reflected on the other side (PC or phone), same happens with the calendar.

So that's it... I have read that some of you have Google Sync working properly... Am I the only one with this problem? I have tried everything (reinstall, remove battery, etc.) several times with no success...please help me =)

Thanks...
    03-19-10 11:18 AM
    I just went through a Contacts nightmare using Google Sync. Not only were there multiple copies of the same contact, but it started to actually mix contact information!!...names with other people's email addresses, phone numbers, etc. Not sure what actually caused the haywire. But it seemed like Gmail & BB contact info formats(?) were fighting each other.

Anyway, I immediately got rid of the sync app, completely deleted all contacts off Gmail contacts, manually typed/edited all Contacts on the BB, and let the BIS take care of the rest (at the time, I did not think it was working, which is why I used the Google Sync app). And from this point on, I only update Contacts on my BB; never touch the Contact list on Gmail. So far, so good, but even now I notice Addresses kind of merge into one line, titles fall into First name, and middle initials fall into the Last name. At least they are not creating mass copies.

Is there an explanation out there somewhere? I've tried researching this, but never found a definite answer. Well, until then I advise everyone to use the BIS like mjneid mentioned, never use Google Sync, and look into the details of the duplicate contacts carefully before deleting them.
    The same thing just happened to me!! How can I get the contacts back to the right way? restore from a previous back up maybe ? I am just going to delete the gmail account , because I only wanted it for the call screening but it only works when some one calls the google number !
    06-18-10 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD