Hi there, im using Bold 9900... I'm losing my temper on the Facebook for Blackberry App... Here are my problems with the Facebook for Blackberry:

1.) If I check in to any place, the default privacy is SET TO CUSTOM - ONLY ME... While on the website, my privacy is set to FRIENDS ONLY... I tried to check in using Iphone, Android device and via the website... ALL IS OKAY AND NO ERRORS AT ALL, THE PRIVACY IS SET TO FRIENDS...

2.) If i upload photos from Blackberry, the privacy setting is again set to CUSTOM - ONLY ME, whilst, if I use Iphone/ Android or via the website, ALL IS OKAY AND IT IS SET TO FRIENDS...

I am sure with my PRIVACY SETTINGS as it is always set to FRIENDS ONLY... The nightmare began when I used the Facebook for Blackberry App!!!
    05-29-12 12:29 AM
    As someone who spent some time recently on the iphone FB app. All i can say is the BB version is AMAZING!!!

But the Androids have the best functioning one.. imho
    05-29-12 02:45 AM
    I had this problem. Had to create a new facebook profile to get rid of the only me thing. It was crazy and I searched all over the internett. Could not find any answer anywhere. Trust me, this problem will never be solved. I tried fixing it for a couple of months.
    But now with new profile everything is fine. I will drown myself if this thing happens again
    05-29-12 03:43 AM
    Interesting as I've never had this problem, nor have any of my friends and family who also use BlackBerry and the FB for BB app. My sister was just in Ottawa and Montreal for the weekend and all her check-ins made using the FB for BB app were visible.

Before diving deeper into trying to troubleshoot your problem, a few questions:

1) What OS are you running on your BB9900?

2) What version of FB for BB are you using?

3) Refresh my memory as I haven't checked in on FB for BB in a few weeks, does it give you the option of selecting the privacy level?
    05-30-12 10:27 AM
    I've used fb for bb for years and have never run into this issue. Have you considered signing up to beta test in Beta Zone? I'm running the latest one from there and really love it. Just a suggestion.
    damule6666 likes this.
    05-30-12 11:04 AM
    I just got an email from RIM telling me to download the "NEW Facebook and Twitter Apps for BlackBerry".

Latest version in Appworld was released in 2009 Not even going to bother. The notification bug drove me nuts so I deleted it.
    05-30-12 01:14 PM
    I just got an email from RIM telling me to download the "NEW Facebook and Twitter Apps for BlackBerry".

Latest version in Appworld was released in 2009
    Latest versions in App World were released in late April 2012
    05-30-12 02:09 PM
    Latest versions in App World were released in late April 2012
    On my phone, it says "Released: 3/12/2009"
    05-30-12 02:13 PM
    On my phone, it says "Released: 3/12/2009"
    It might say that but it's not correct. AppWorld has had updates for both Twitter and Facebook over the last couple of months.
    05-30-12 02:31 PM
    Hi there, here are the details you asked:

1.) What OS are you running on your BB9900?
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.2406 (official OS from my carrier, although I know how to use and upgrade the OS from other carrier's OS, to no avail, did it fix the problem; i tried to upgrade to whatever OSs (342, 437, 428) available and posted here in crackberry.com)

2.) What version of FB for BB are you using?
    I am using Version: 3.0.0.17... I tried to go down to 15, but the problem persists!!!

3.) ...does it give you the option of selecting the privacy level?
    This where I sense the problem, it (Version: 3.0.0.17), does not give any option to choose the privacy audience of the check in.

FYI, on the blackberry browser the check in and privacy setting is okay. Iphone/ Android and on the PC, the check in is okay and as per the privacy setting (FRIENDS) on my FB!!!

Interesting as I've never had this problem, nor have any of my friends and family who also use BlackBerry and the FB for BB app. My sister was just in Ottawa and Montreal for the weekend and all her check-ins made using the FB for BB app were visible.

Before diving deeper into trying to troubleshoot your problem, a few questions:

1) What OS are you running on your BB9900?

2) What version of FB for BB are you using?

3) Refresh my memory as I haven't checked in on FB for BB in a few weeks, does it give you the option of selecting the privacy level?
    05-31-12 12:45 AM
    Thanks for your suggestion!!!

I am living in Dubai, UAE... Beta Zone not yet reached this place=))

I've used fb for bb for years and have never run into this issue. Have you considered signing up to beta test in Beta Zone? I'm running the latest one from there and really love it. Just a suggestion.
    05-31-12 12:48 AM
    It's a nightmare buddy!!!

Been a BB user for 3++ years now, my first time (and hoping to be the last) to encounter such a mess...

I am not after the solution, am just concern on the cause of this problem/ error to be able to avoid it next time and for the other BB users reading this thread with similar nightmare.

I cant possibly create a new profile... 1,000+++ on my friend's list and over 200+++ photo albums on my FB... lots of work to transfer and re-invite people...

I had this problem. Had to create a new facebook profile to get rid of the only me thing. It was crazy and I searched all over the internett. Could not find any answer anywhere. Trust me, this problem will never be solved. I tried fixing it for a couple of months.
    But now with new profile everything is fine. I will drown myself if this thing happens again
    05-31-12 12:53 AM
    Hey buddy,

I am not (and never would be) after the comparison of versions of the FB App...

What is best for you and me would not exactly be the best for others and for everyone!!!

As someone who spent some time recently on the iphone FB app. All i can say is the BB version is AMAZING!!!

But the Androids have the best functioning one.. imho
    05-31-12 12:55 AM
    I always use fb through the browser, and it works perfectly.
    05-31-12 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD