I had to get a replacement BB Curve 8330. I downloaded Facebook through BB App World. I can click on the icon and it comes up for me to log in, but everytime I log in it tells me a connection could not be established. Also on my old BB I would get notifications under my messages that I had a new FB notification, now I only get the red star notification on the icon.

Is there something I didn't setup correctly? I doesn't look like there is an issue with my phone not being able to connect to the internet.
    07-22-10 07:59 PM
    I would try deleting then re-downloading, but through the mobile website, not BB app world. As far as getting notifications under your messages? Not sure about that. I only get the red stars. It might have to do with whatever email address is synced to your facebook account and phone?
    07-22-10 10:54 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem. Received new phone. Everything works EXCEPT facebook. I don't get it. Have tried deleting service books, resending service books, registering HRT, etc. Any other suggestions?
    07-23-10 05:16 AM
    i've had my 8330 for over a year and just yesterday when i tried logging in to FB i get the same message, "a connection could not be made...yada yada yada" but when i go to my BB's homescreen it shows that FB is running (the little FB icon is up underneath my clock). i can access the mobile site from my web browser but not from the BB app. i have done battery pulls & reloaded FB for my BB from the mobile site but still no luck. any ideas? should i take it back to the store??
    07-23-10 07:46 AM
    its not the phone i jus think someting is up w/ the FB app, i have the same issue i did everything batt putt re-sent service books dl fb again... same issue...
    Last edited by carolinakidd10; 07-23-10 at 08:21 AM.
    07-23-10 07:50 AM
    same problem but this only happened to me when i updated to os5 reinstalled facebook then bang. wont log me in
    07-23-10 07:59 AM
    same problem but this only happened to me when i updated to os5 reinstalled facebook then bang. wont log me in
    yea it messed up after i put the new bbtweaks 11.o hybrid on it but i think maybe a global FB app problem...
    07-23-10 08:21 AM
    Just tried my FB app and it worked fine.
    07-23-10 04:46 PM
    I'm on 4.5.0.175 and haven't dl'd anything lately and Facebook app is running fine fer me. Just mentioning it because maybe ppl are having problems because they dl'd something recently, and maybe it not necessarily the app. Just my .02.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-10 11:49 PM
    I just bought a used Curve 8330 in excellent condition. I have activated it, and the phone works perfectly. It (appears as though) it already had apps pre-loaded from the previous user, some loaded from Sprint.

Facebook was already loaded on the device, however I can't find the icon. I uninstalled FB, re-started, re-installed FB and still no icon. I'm sure that it's there, I just can't get to it.
    07-29-10 09:29 AM
    I just bought a used Curve 8330 in excellent condition. I have activated it, and the phone works perfectly. It (appears as though) it already had apps pre-loaded from the previous user, some loaded from Sprint.

Facebook was already loaded on the device, however I can't find the icon. I uninstalled FB, re-started, re-installed FB and still no icon. I'm sure that it's there, I just can't get to it.
    Check that it hasn't been "hidden" or stashed in a folder somewhere?
    07-29-10 09:44 AM
    LOL, Take notice of my "newbie" status...I found it in the "Communities" folder.

I just switched from an 8830-WE and it pinned the Facebook icon straight to the "applications" menu.

Nevermind guys.
    07-29-10 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD