They have finally removed "is"...
    Last edited by mattmarenic; 06-10-08 at 08:23 AM.
    06-10-08 07:30 AM
    For those of you looking for a link: BlackBerry - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones
    06-10-08 09:45 AM
    whats the difference?
    06-10-08 09:55 AM
    Just installed it. The "is" is still there you just have the option to type over it now. Other than that I didn't notice any changes.
    06-10-08 09:55 AM
    Just installed it. The "is" is still there you just have the option to type over it now. Other than that I didn't notice any changes.
    Yeah, that is only new think. I hope they will add chat support...
    06-10-08 02:03 PM
    Too bad they can't get the status to sync. I always change my status from a PC and it never matches up with what shows in the app.
    06-10-08 02:05 PM
    I thought I was the only one w the status problem. Mine does that as well. Even after I clear the cache etc. Other than that I like it and yeah facebook chat for blackberry incorporated into the app would be a good addition imo as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 08:31 PM
    I was quite disappointed with the facebook app. Needs more functionality.
    06-10-08 09:26 PM
    I was quite disappointed with the facebook app. Needs more functionality.
    What do you think should be added to make it a better application? Just curious. We should probably ask that as a general question and hope the right people get everyone's responses.
    06-10-08 10:23 PM
    It seems that since I updated, the app no longer pulls the Facebook related messages out of my inbox. With the old version, those messages (such as messages telling me it's my turn in World Conquest), showed up inside the facebook app. No, they show up in my inbox instead.
    06-11-08 01:52 PM
    If I want to DL the new version do I first have to remove the old one? Or will it write over the existing when I dl the new?

06-11-08 06:28 PM
    No one knows this answer?

06-11-08 07:16 PM
    When I installed the app it automatically installed on top of the previous version without having to uninstall the old one.

06-11-08 09:53 PM
    While it may work...good habit is to uninstall the older versions first..
    06-11-08 10:00 PM
    I dont really like this facebook app, it is too simple...you can't see peoples' status changes and the new feeds and events...thats what i want!
    06-11-08 10:15 PM
    I installed this the other day and it's an OK app. What I don't understand is why they made the menu backgrounds very light blue (almost white) with white text. Makes it nearly impossible to read. I don't see an option to change this. Am I missing something?
    06-12-08 12:06 PM
    -Notifications on the home screen (icon will show events like pokes, messages, etc)
    -Access to facebook messages (inbox)
    -Facebook chat (so seeing who is online at that moment and have it update automatically as well as status changes)
    -Would be nice to see more info from their profile in the app and not have to go out to the web browser

Right now, it just seems half way there.

What do you think should be added to make it a better application? Just curious. We should probably ask that as a general question and hope the right people get everyone's responses.
    06-12-08 12:51 PM
    I can't quote bc I'm typing from my berry. But I agree w the above post. Those features would be great. And to another post it will show ppl status its just that it only logs them for 7 hours then it'll say "no status updates" something like that. As far as the inbox goes yeah once you delete from the app that's it. There isn't constant access to most of the info you would like to see. so I can see why many feel it is lacking.

06-12-08 07:35 PM
    BAD BAD BAD, HORRIBLE APP!!! I wasn't able to get tone notification for my BB Messenger until I deleted it off my berry, i am not sure why since they have nothing to do with each other but not worth downloading
    06-12-08 07:41 PM
    I'm glad they've removed the "is" in status messages. It was really annoying because as a French speaker, I usually set statuses in French...

And for those who wonder what are the other differences in this version, "pokes" are no longer translated (no more "faire signe"). I'm quite sure there are a few other things that are no longer translated either.
    06-13-08 10:15 AM
    Yea if it were more functional I would download.

06-13-08 05:50 PM
    You can use the iPhone Facebook version (iphone.facebook.com) in Safari Win/Mac by following these instructions: macosxhints.com - Access iPhone-only web pages with Safari

Or in Firefox: How to: Fake the iPhone User Agent : Pain in the Tech

Shows how limited the BB version is.

Obviously you can also view other sites that are made for the iPhone.
    06-16-08 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD