I have my BlackBerry contacts linked to my Facebook application so that it updates the photos and everything else.
    However, it's really annoying how Facebook then inputs all of my Facebook contacts' birthdays into my calender in a different colour.

The contacts whose birthdays I DO want in my calender I put in their contact details.

How do I delete all of Facebook's calender so I simply see my default calender?

I know that you can go to:

Calender > BlackBerry Button > Select Calender > Unselect 'all'.

However, the moment I exit the calender application all the calenders immediately show up again when I open the calender again.

How can I make it that my Calender always ONLY my default calender that syncs with my desktop?

By the way, I have tried to delete all the Facebook calender one by one, but the moment the contacts sync with the Facebook application, all the birthdays show up again!

Thanks for your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 07:52 AM
    I have my BlackBerry contacts linked to my Facebook application so that it updates the photos and everything else.
    However, it's really annoying how Facebook then inputs all of my Facebook contacts' birthdays into my calender in a different colour.

The contacts whose birthdays I DO want in my calender I put in their contact details.

How do I delete all of Facebook's calender so I simply see my default calender?

I know that you can go to:

Calender > BlackBerry Button > Select Calender > Unselect 'all'.

However, the moment I exit the calender application all the calenders immediately show up again when I open the calender again.

How can I make it that my Calender always ONLY my default calender that syncs with my desktop?

By the way, I have tried to delete all the Facebook calender one by one, but the moment the contacts sync with the Facebook application, all the birthdays show up again!

Thanks for your help!

I think you goto "Options, Advanced Options, Default Services" and change the calendar from "Facebook" to your email address which should show there as well.

Someone feel free to correct me as I'm not totally sure.
    04-06-10 07:57 AM
    You need to go to the facebook app and go to options. Uncheck the option that says something about blackberry calendar application.

04-06-10 08:34 AM
    Just turn off the FaceBook calendar sync. Open the facebook app > menu > options > uncheck Blackberry Calendar application.

didn't type fast enough, lol
    04-06-10 08:35 AM
    My default services is already set to the correct email address and the Calender option in the Facebook application is already unchecked... Very odd.

04-06-10 08:37 AM
    I have same problem with my tour.

04-06-10 08:59 AM
    Options -> Adavanced Options -> Service Books, delete Facebook (CICAL).
    04-06-10 09:13 AM
    Options -> Adavanced Options -> Service Books, delete Facebook (CICAL).
    Forgot about that one and I just read it the other day too.....lol
    04-06-10 09:17 AM
    That's great, thank you for your help.

I just deleted the relevent Service Book thing, but my Calender is still full of said birthday entries, but now under 'Device Default'.

If I delete each entry one-by-one do you think it will come back?

Thanks for your help.

04-06-10 09:56 AM
    ok everyone saying its the "calendar" option is wrong!

This happens when you "connect" your facebook contacts with phone contacts or create a entry from facebook using the "connect to blackberry contact" option.

This then puts their birthday in to the birthday field for that contact and then that gets put on the calender.

To stop this, remove the connection between facebook and your BB contact in the addressbook
    04-06-10 10:32 AM
    Hello, I deleted the Facebook CICL option but all the birthdays are still in my Calender which is really frustrating!

I don't want to break the link between my BlackBerry contacts and my Facebook application because I like the fact that it updates the contacts' pictures, emails, phones and so on. I like that aspect of the connectivity.

What I don't like us the fact that Facebook takes over my Calender flooding it full of people's birthdays who I don't want in there!

I have had my Facebook and BlackBerry contacts linked ever since I had a BlackBerry and I initially had this problem but some how got rid of it but now it has come back and I can't remember how I got rid of it!

I have three emails on my phone and Facebook. I want to simply see the view 'Email 1' (my default email that holds all my relevant calender entries). Is there any way that every time I open my calender the default is to simply see the Email 1 view?

Thank you.

04-09-10 12:04 PM
    open calendar

bb>select calendar>choose email 1

that should do it for you
    04-09-10 12:19 PM
    Cheers. Yeah I have tried that. I do it, select Email 1 and it shows all the relevent calender entries but when I exit the calender it reverts back to the default of showing all calenders, including the Facebook birthdays.

04-09-10 12:23 PM
    ok go into the contacts you dont want the birthday to show and remove their birthday and also delete the calender occurance
    04-09-10 12:31 PM
    But next time the BlackBerry contacts and Facebook Application sync, won't the birthday entries return?

04-10-10 02:29 PM
    But next time the BlackBerry contacts and Facebook Application sync, won't the birthday entries return?

Unselecting Calendar in the Options portion of the Facebook application will prevent facebook from recreating that service book AND resending the items.
    04-10-10 02:32 PM
    Hey,

Just to say that my Calender option is inselected in the Facebook application. I think the Calender option is only to do with events and things, not birthdays, which are to do with the contacts.

Has anyone been able to find a solution?

Every time I delete the service book, all the birthday entries still stay in my calander but now they are under 'Device Default' as opposed to 'Facebook'.

Then, if I do go through all my Calender to delete all the entries, they all show back up next time my phone syncs!

The thing that gets me is this problem only recently came back, I never used to have all the birthdays show up!

Very odd...!

04-19-10 01:42 PM
    This may be a stupid question, but how do you sync your fbook friends to your contact list? Is it through facebook or my contacts?

04-19-10 09:05 PM
    This may be a stupid question, but how do you sync your fbook friends to your contact list? Is it through facebook or my contacts?

Do this through facebook

select the friend and press the blackberry key, then choose connect blackberry contact and select either an existing contact or create a new one
    04-20-10 03:14 AM
    U on BES? My company IT policy does not allow social Networking and FB does not synchronise my outlook contacts. Instead I use another 3rd party app called Fonebook to sync the birthdays.

04-20-10 08:15 AM
    Can I sync just individual contacts? or does it sync all facebook birthdays through that one contact?
    04-20-10 08:31 AM
    Can I sync just individual contacts? or does it sync all facebook birthdays through that one contact?
    04-20-10 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD