Hello,

I'm to the new site so hopefully this question will provide some helpful responses for everyone. Does anyone know how to delete facebook birthdays from showing up on your calendar? I went to options and the calendar and hit no for display reminders. But they still show up. Any advice?
    01-03-11 02:43 PM
    If you go into your Facebook app, press menu, go to options, and uncheck the box for "Facebook Calendar Application." This should take the appointments out of your calendar. You may need to delete them manually, I'm not sure, but unchecking the box should keep them from popping back up.
    01-03-11 02:47 PM
    Yes I have that box unchecked so hopefully that will prevent future ones from showing up. I think the best thing is under calendar options and under the facebook calendar to set the display reminders to "no". This keeps them showing in the calendar but you won't get a reminder for them on your phone. Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by NYMets9631; 01-03-11 at 09:39 PM.
    01-03-11 02:51 PM
    I am a new Blackberry user and I am having the same issue of calendar reminders (for Facebook birthdays and ? other Outlook events) permanently displaying along with my other messages. I have unchecked the boxes under Facebook "Blackberry calendar reminder", as well as under Calendar -going into Options and then turning off "display reminders" under Facebook account, to no avail. I have even gone in and opened the appointment and deleted it from there, but it doesn't disappear from the list. At the Sprint store, they rebooted my phone, after which 3 different birthdays took the place of the previous ones! I have hundreds of FB friends, so I don't know how it goes about choosing whose birthday to list either. Anyway, I do not use the Calendar app at all so I would love this clutter to be gone. The Sprint store suggested I delete the FB app and access FB thru the browser instead. I was going to try that, but then the additional Outlook event showed up so I would rather just delete the Calendar app to make all of these reminders go away at once. Can I do that? How? Could I get it back someday if I chose to use it? Help!!
    01-05-11 02:13 PM
    In relation to your decision about who does FB pick to put into the calender, it works on the ones you have linked their FB page with a BlackBerry contact on your phone.
    01-05-11 02:19 PM
    Thanks - I actually discovered that in the last few minutes, that the wireless synchronizer is pulling from the contact list. Can I disable the wireless synch for calendar and contacts, but keep it for email and FB purposes?
    01-05-11 02:32 PM
    I'm actually having the opposite problem. None of my birthdays (from FB or the ones attached to my contacts) are showing up in my calendar. Haven't for awhile (well, I guess maybe I'd say since I got my 9300).
    01-05-11 07:23 PM
    floberry999, i've just got my first BB Bold 9780 and i'm finding the same issue to be real irritating.

My calendar seems to be sucking facebook birthday data from my fb account. I've got birthdays stuck on my home notifications screen that are from 2-3 months ago! I've tried literally everything - reintstalling facebook app, checking/dechecking all boxes in setup>social networking, dechecking everything within facebook (notifications>options), removing all social network data in my contacts, nothing seems to work.

Have Blackberry somehow overlooked this? I've looked on tonnes of sites about the same issue and no-one seems to be able to resolve it. I still want to be informed of mates birthdays on fb so i'm not going to delete that functionality, yet i just want to the calendar to behave itself and just be a calendar.
    07-17-11 02:36 PM
    Just to add, i've managed to deal with this issue. The way I got around it was by using the Blackberry Desktop Software. By connecting my bb to my mac, I synced my bb calendar with the calendar on my mac, ensuring I clicked the 'replace all calendar information on device' button. I never ever use the calendar app on my mac so I knew that this would erase all the data that was annoying me so much on my bb device.

Sorted!
    07-22-11 06:37 AM
    go yto your profile and visit privacy settings

select the option the keeps all your personal information hidden
    07-22-11 10:09 AM
    I figured this out!! HOORAY!! hope this helps..
    on my curve i selected the event in the drop down thingy.. oh dear i hope this makes sense.. so i selected it.. it asked if you want to open the series or occurrence.. i opened the series... then hit the bb menu button.. and scroll to delete.. it will delete it from there.. hooray!!
    Message me if you need assistance.. this was buggin me too...

03-07-12 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD