are you sure this is working 100% again? i know some notifications were working and some were not last week when we were trying to figure this out. just because a poke works, doesnt mean the rest of them are. have you had any luck since you posted this?
    for me its working 100% since friday. not a single missed notification. I'm in heaven again just make sure u sellect "facebook for blackberry smartphones" at the bottom of the notifications page in fb on ur pc and u should be fine. i say its worth a try.
    08-18-10 02:38 AM
    for me its working 100% since friday. not a single missed notification. I'm in heaven again just make sure u sellect "facebook for blackberry smartphones" at the bottom of the notifications page in fb on ur pc and u should be fine. i say its worth a try.
    ok cool. i followed your directions so we will see what happened. i was pulling my hair out last week when we were trying to figure this out. im glad you figured it out. ill report back with my results.
    08-18-10 03:48 AM
    ok cool. i followed your directions so we will see what happened. i was pulling my hair out last week when we were trying to figure this out. im glad you figured it out. ill report back with my results.
    I redownloaded the beta and tried this method too and I have had success so far as well. Everything is coming through for me.
    08-18-10 07:00 AM
    I redownloaded the beta and tried this method too and I have had success so far as well. Everything is coming through for me.
    yea so far its working for me too. MaxPayne for president.
    08-18-10 09:39 AM
    yea so far its working for me too. MaxPayne for president.
    for president? haha. no thank you. i'll stay in the much more comfortable position as the right hand man.

but im glad it's working for you guys. I couldn't use 1.7 after using this for a month, no way.
    08-18-10 12:23 PM
    MaxPayne, thanks for the help. I just tested a couple of different kinds of notifications and they both went through. Hopefully everything else does too.

One question for anyone though: When I try to click on a Photo Comment from the Notifications screen, a condensed menu pops up and one of the options is to "Open" the Photo Comment. I click on it and then the menu disappears and I am still stuck on the Notifications screen. In other words, I can't see the Photo Comment. Anyone else having this problem?
    08-18-10 12:44 PM
    alright fellas, so i think i figured out how to get this beta working again. I did my little trick on friday and it's been flawlessly working since then. So lets begin.

Make sure u have 1.8 installed on ur bb, log out, hop onto ur pc and log into fb, go over to the account tab -> applications setting...delete "facebook for blackberry smartphones" the usual. Log out. Log back into ur bb and let fb load. Hop back onto ur pc and log back into fb but this time go -> account -> account settings -> notifications. What u should see is the majority of the options unselected both for sms and email delivery. Leave it like that..except for 1. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and under "other applications" u should have "facebook for bb smarphones" it should be unselected. Select it. Don't worry, u will not get a single email. But this is what enables it to communicate with the handheld which is something it stopped doing. So...click it (in the email delivery column), save changes and log out. And thats it. Then test it with a poke or something. I have friend who always pokes me back...and her poke came through.

So try it out and if it works, spread the word aaaaand...let me know.

Thanx.
    thank you!!!
    08-18-10 06:13 PM
    well after all this, looks like the FB app is now available in App World and OTA here....

http://www.theiexplorers.com/
    08-18-10 06:17 PM
    well after all this, looks like the FB app is now available in App World and OTA here....

http://www.theiexplorers.com/
    i just found out. 1.8.0.49...about t download it n try it out.
    but at least i got the old one to work lol...for whatever thats worth.
    08-19-10 02:47 AM
    anyone else having problems with the official release? mine stopped working yesterday at midnight and no matter what i do, i cannot get it working again. Plus all the OTAs for the beta release have been taken down so i cant even rollback to that one cause that worked for me. Anyone have a working OTA of the 1.8 beta?
    08-20-10 12:42 PM
110 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD