Looking at the web tonight/this morning, and I came across this:

Facebook App For BlackBerry Beta Version 1.8.0.31 Leaked – Keycode Workaround! | BlackBerry Rocks!

Check it out yourselves...
    07-12-10 03:08 AM
    I wont be using this, but if you be so kind to list the differences and changes from this and the Native app

Thanks.
    07-12-10 03:12 AM
    07-12-10 03:14 AM
    I wont be using this, but if you be so kind to list the differences and changes from this and the Native app

Thanks.
    This is the native Facebook app that was/is in BetaZone.
    07-12-10 03:19 AM
    welcome to last month
    Well, actually in my opinion this is current and in step with a regular download. It involves an OTA delivery rather than the other hack of possibly using BBSAK, and extracting .cod files. User friendly to the masses.
    07-12-10 03:22 AM
    Well, actually in my opinion this is current and in step with a regular download. It involves an OTA delivery rather than the other hack of possibly using BBSAK, and extracting .cod files. User friendly to the masses.
    later in the thread i posted explains that if you can also just load the files onto your SD card and install from there. its like 3-4 pages in, so it lets you not use BBSAK to do it. however, the OTA delivery is by far the easiest.
    07-12-10 03:25 AM
    later in the thread i posted explains that if you can also just load the files onto your SD card and install from there. its like 3-4 pages in, so it lets you not use BBSAK to do it. however, the OTA delivery is by far the easiest.
    I know. Your link takes you right there to that same exact post. But, as we both say... OTA is the most user friendly.
    07-12-10 03:29 AM
    The OTA doesn't seem to be working. Invalid COD
    07-12-10 08:46 AM
    I downloaded, pressed the red key (so I didn't reboot). When I go to accept the terms and conditions, it will not let me accept. Just says invalid code. Any help?
    07-12-10 09:28 AM
    It worked for me. I just completed it. I noticed it loads faster and it scrolls much smoother through the wall posts.
    07-12-10 09:46 AM
    Does this version work over tcip or is it bis only? I'm still using 1.6 because 1.7 doesn't work with tcip connections.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 09:50 AM
    I downloaded, pressed the red key (so I didn't reboot). When I go to accept the terms and conditions, it will not let me accept. Just says invalid code. Any help?
    You have to have the .7 version installed first, download the leaked version, do not reboot, log into facebook, then reboot phone.
    07-12-10 09:51 AM
    Does this version work over tcip or is it bis only? I'm still using 1.6 because 1.7 doesn't work with tcip connections.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ive seen this question so many times and without answer...ive the same question...somebody pleaseeeee answer
    07-12-10 11:20 AM
    I sure wish I'd found this last night. I messed around with those 4 COD files & BBSAK instructions from the other post for about 2 hours last night (adding, deleting, rebooting, nope, do it again. sigh...) & ended up back where I started. This was so painless I wanna kiss you & make you happy MADBRAD! App is super fast. Now we'll see how the notifications go...
    07-12-10 11:30 AM
    I installed it and it works just fine !!!!! It definitely loads faster.
    07-12-10 11:57 AM
    Ive seen this question so many times and without answer...ive the same question...somebody pleaseeeee answer
    Good Question.
    Ya know, I understand your frustration, as I have seen this question again and again with no answer as well. I would like that tid-bit of info for reference myself.

To be honest, I don't think most users really think about it though. Most users are on BIS/BES data plans, so the use of TCP is not really an issue. It is there mostly as a backup, or for situations where certain apps will only work that route. Especially if your carrier charges for it's use. Unlimited data plans are the way to go IMO. In my opinion, most users of the BlackBerry platform would say that having a BlackBerry without a data plan is like having a BMW riding on training wheels... You just don't get the full experience.

With that said, I believe there is no way to tell this unless you install the app yourself, and test it out. There are no obvious settings in options to see the transport settings. If you are in the same situation as Dudemaaan, you can always extract your code files for v1.6, try out the new version, and if it doesn't work, just delete it and reinstall v1.6 again. No harm, no foul. I also think (and someone correct me if I am wrong), if you get the .cod files and look into them yourself, you may be able to see what venue the app uses. But I truly don't know, because as I said, I think most users take it for granted that it works. Whether by TCP, or BIS/BES which we all really should have for such a device.

There are probably many people here smart enough to know what transport settings FaceBook uses already, so maybe one of them could chime in.
    07-12-10 11:58 AM
    Just tried downloading, but the link appears to be bad...
    07-12-10 12:06 PM
    Just loaded it up and it worked like a charm, thanks!
    07-12-10 12:07 PM
    I sure wish I'd found this last night. I messed around with those 4 COD files & BBSAK instructions from the other post for about 2 hours last night (adding, deleting, rebooting, nope, do it again. sigh...) & ended up back where I started. This was so painless I wanna kiss you & make you happy MADBRAD! App is super fast. Now we'll see how the notifications go...
    LOL. I never turn down kisses!

Exactly. I had seen what people were going through getting it with BBSAK, and vowed I wouldn't even entertain the thought, and wait for the official release. I was very excited when I came across this. Everything was done in under 8 minutes, and most of that (maybe 6 minutes) was download & reboot time.

This was very user friendly. I also see that people are using this template for other beta apps from the BetaZone as well. The problem people are having is getting the links for the leaked downloads. I'm sure RIM will find a way to stop this soon though.

I am a happy camper. Enjoy your FaceBook upgrade!
    07-12-10 12:07 PM
    Just tried downloading, but the link appears to be bad...
    Mirror 1 doesn't work. Try #2. That is where I got mine from....
    07-12-10 12:08 PM
    Neither mirror works for me. I get a download failed and my "Details" say 907 Invalid COD

I had that problem with the original leaks for Twitter before it went public beta.

I wonder if the leak is set up for certain devices only. I'm running 4.5.0.186 on a 8330m
    07-12-10 12:15 PM
    Thanks, worked like a charm...
    07-12-10 12:16 PM
    +1. I just checked, and the first mirror is down, but the second mirror is working just fine at the time of this post. Check it out again.
    07-12-10 12:17 PM
    blackberryempire.com/2010/07/12/facebook-for-blackberry-version-1-8-0-31-beta/

Check that out with instructions and ota
    Still failed for me. Guess I'm out of luck until official.
    07-12-10 12:28 PM
    installed and worked for me!!!!
    07-12-10 12:53 PM
110 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD