Honestly, I love my 9700 with a passion, I do just about everything possible to make it the sweetest phone on earth, but one thing that really aggravates me is the lack of support and attention that is being put to the most used apps out there.

For instance, the reason of the thread is mainly about facebook. I love facebook, and I'm sure 98 percent of the forum will agree on me with this, it is most probably the most used app out there. And what really sucks is that it has a horrible UI and just lacks a lot of features. I really can't notice the difference between the app and the actual mobile site except for the notifications. But people, this is a blackberry... You'd imagine a lot more than just notifications, but I'm just saying hopefully we can make some vibe with this thread and catch RIM's attention, I surely applaud them for their twitter app- I must say its really sweet - and I'd expect apps like facebook to be like this aswell. Just my two cents, feel free to support or bash, won't make a difference on how I feel about the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 11:07 PM
    +1

I'm rocking a Storm 9550, and I use the mobile site on the Browser.
    05-20-10 11:28 PM
    I don't hate the fb app as much as I hate how it screws up my calendar even if I turn calendar syncing off. I have to back up from my Outlook's calendar EVERY SINGLE TIME I install facebook (which I regret but I use it to upload pictures) because the facebook app changes my default calendar and won't let me undo it.

05-21-10 12:52 AM
    I would definitely not say FB is my most used application. If my life was so sad that I spent 98% of my day checking to see if "Peter is at work...borrred!" or "Kimmy found a lost sheep on her farm!" I'd probably kill myself.

But yeah, another Facebook for BB sucks thread. This was definitely necessary, there's only like what, 10,000 or so in the back pages?
    05-21-10 01:11 AM
    Like I said, bash it if you'd like, it won't make a difference, you surely aren't contributing to anything (:

05-21-10 06:04 AM
    I have seen about a hundred of these threads bashing the facebook app . The only good thing about the app is that I can upload and tag my pictures str8 from the app. I use the mobile site for browsing. I just don't spend enough time on fb for the app to really bother me

05-21-10 07:37 AM
    I actually never had a problem with the facebook app, but thats only because i use twitter A LOT more, when using facebook all i really do is post up a new status and then reply when people comment on it. And maybe from time to time go look at specific people status's when bored.

But compared to other platforms like Android and iPhone it is lagging but again those are media centric devices so i don't think its all to fair to compare them, (or is it i mean the storm, Pearl and the slider are clearly aimed at that consumer pool of users).
    05-21-10 08:54 AM
    + 1 it seems to like lagging my phone out
    05-21-10 08:59 AM
    I would say the Storm is the most likely of those 3 devices (simply because the Pearl didn't really have the memory to be very media-oriented, and the slider isn't out yet) to be compared to them, as it was their 'media-centered' device. Either way, the iPhone (haven't seen or used the Droid FB) FB app blows RIMs out of the water. They offer way more features, faster, and better looking. But everyone knows that already, there's no point in re-stating it really, is there? It's like saying RIM is known for it's keyboards. Everyone knows it, is there really a need to overstate it again and again?
    05-21-10 09:55 AM
    +1

FB and RIM need to work together to make better FB for B.

Maybe we can help them.
    please list what do you want here.
    and what is Bad
    05-21-10 10:40 AM
    The entire app. Let Facebook themselves rebuild that crap from the ground up. Scrap what's out now and start new.
    05-21-10 10:44 AM
    It is beyond horrible. Can not upload photos.
    05-21-10 10:54 AM
    +1 GlitchZero

05-21-10 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD