I'm wanting to get the Facebook application for my Bold. However I don't pay for browser usage. I worked around this with, say, MSN Messenger, by downloading the app itself and loading it on to my phone. However I have yet to find a way to do this with Facebook.

Can anyone help me out, please?

Thanks!
    08-25-09 09:13 AM
    So you do not pay for data useage?

When do you use these applications then?
    08-25-09 09:14 AM
    You might need a data plan to work facebook app. Push notifications are integrated into the app so I don't see how you can use it without a data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 09:40 AM
    Search for the desktop files and load it up, you should be able to use it via wifi only.
    08-25-09 11:04 AM
    If you can get it onto the phone you'll get minimal benefit as without the data plan you'll get no notifications

You'd be better off just using m.facebook.com from your hotspot browser or get a data plan so you can get your emails on the device and then have the notifications show up in the app.

08-25-09 11:24 AM
    What's the point of a blackberry without a data plan??

08-25-09 11:46 AM
    I definitely have a data plan, but (at least from Rogers) that's separate from actually surfing the Internet. I can text, BBM, MSN Messenger, e-mail, etc. I just can't use the browser to acquire the download, and I'm having a hard time finding the "desktop files".
    08-25-09 01:33 PM
    You may not want to consider getting it. A lot of functionality still opens a browser window at the correct spot. (Not sure how much functionality you will get from it)
    08-25-09 03:48 PM
    I definitely have a data plan, but (at least from Rogers) that's separate from actually surfing the Internet. I can text, BBM, MSN Messenger, e-mail, etc. I just can't use the browser to acquire the download, and I'm having a hard time finding the "desktop files".
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/dow...cebook-254961/

if you go to this link and about 4 posts down you will find the zip files for Facebook that you can put on your BB using the Desktop Manager
    08-25-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD