My facebook application isn't giving me any notifications at all anymore. It used to let me know when someone sent me a message, replied a message I sent out, or if someone replied to a status that I have commented on.

What I've done so far is uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, then reinstalled; zilch.

I went as far as wiping my phone (a new OS upgrade was due anyhow) and reinstalled facebook again and still zilch.

However, if I used the app to do anything (ie send someone a message, or comment on a picture/status), it still works. The other party does receive it.

In a nutshell, it seems my facebook app has lost its 'push' data notifications.

Any suggestions?
    03-31-10 02:46 AM
    Open the FB app, hit munu key, options, run setup wizard. On the second page of the set up wizard you can configure which email the app uses to notify you. Just select one that's linked to you BB and it should work again.
    03-31-10 02:50 AM
    The email thats there has always been the one linked to my BB though...
    03-31-10 03:27 AM
    Sorry to double post but I wanted a bump :P

Other relative information:

I am running WIND Hellas .509 OS. Are there certain settings in that OS i need to adjust to make it work? My brother's phone is on the same OS but I can't find anything specific that would make his work and mine not working.

I've resent service books and did the register on the wireless network in the advanced settings. My settings on the facebook website are exactly the same as before when it was working.
    03-31-10 12:01 PM
    I'm having the same issue on my VZW Tour after the newest OS update... it's driving me crazy!
    03-31-10 03:31 PM
    With the fb app in appworld only having 2 stars because of its performance I would think rim would look into updating the app. Funny thing I haven't heard a word of a new update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 07:10 PM
    That's because RIM has 90 different phones that all look the same, 400 different OS's with 700 different bugs and fixes and nobody gives a sh*t. But hey....they've got push email and great security!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD