Sorry if this is in the wrong spot!

I bought a used Curve, and when I got it yesterday I noticed that it already had the Facebook app on it - not a problem, I wanted it anyway. Here's the thing - it was working fine until today when I went to open it, the page where it asks you to accept or decline the conditions was up. I selected accept, and it proceeded to download. Of course it was duplicating what was already there so I stopped it, and now it will not work. I deleted it and downloaded it again with no help.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Can someone help me? It was completely fine last night and today it wasn't working at all!
    01-15-09 10:20 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    01-15-09 10:24 PM
    The facebook icon that comes on the curve isn't the actual application, it's just a link to the application's download site, the same with yahoo messenger, google talk, and a couple of others. Don't worry, it's not duplicating anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 11:42 PM
    Agree with aerophage, its just a link, install it and it should be fine.
    01-16-09 06:31 AM
    Keep an eye on your memory after you install it. The Facebook application has caused numerous issues for people here...
    01-16-09 06:35 AM
    And besides, the Facebook app is so primitive, it just sucks and is not worth the trouble. I just use the mobile version of the site.
    01-16-09 07:09 AM
    What is the address of the mobile version? I think my memory is low because of the Facebook App...
    01-16-09 11:15 AM
    One piece of advice that I can give from a fairly active Facebook/Facebook Mobile user, is that you NEED to manage and regularly delete the older notifications on your Blackberry Facebook Application main screen. When I first started using the FB Mobile App, I was just letting the notifications pile up and it eventually started making my BB go into the spinning hourglass cycle.
    Now I use the Delete Prior on everything that is older than 2 days old and it hasn't been a problem since. I know that others users feel that FB Mobile App is a memory hog, but since I have been following this notification deletion rule I haven't noticed any dramatic change in my system memory on my About screen.

(For memory house keeping though, occasionally I do the Alt+Right Shift+DEL soft boot to clear out some temp files)
    Last edited by DocMarten98; 01-16-09 at 01:38 PM.
    01-16-09 01:34 PM
    What is the address of the mobile version? I think my memory is low because of the Facebook App...
    Use www.blackberry.com/facebook_download from your BlackBerry to download
    01-16-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD