I use the Facebook application and use it to link with my BlackBerry contacts, in order that I get updated numbers, pictures and so on.

However, one thing that I don't want it to do is put all of my contacts' birthdays in my calender. I have certain birthdays in my calender of those closer to me. But I don't want all of my friends' birthdays in there!

How do I stop Facebook from doing this? The Calender sync option is already off.

Further, I don't want it to sync people's "job" titles because most of them are redundant and it is starting to really annoy me. I have gone through my phone to delete the ones, I have done so on my Outlook also, but when I next sync my phone Facebook has already linked contacts again and all the places of work get reset.

So how do I stop Facebook from adding birthdays to my calender and how do I stop my contacts' place of work and their jobs to be updated?

Thanks for all you help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 10:41 AM
    Have you tried logging into FB from your computer and changing the settings.
    11-14-09 10:58 AM
    Go to calendar ---> options ---> select Facebook ---> set display reminders to NO. That solved the problem for me.
    11-14-09 11:06 AM
    Thanks lunglady. I have done that now.

However, according to that display, Facebook has 351 entries in my calender. Is there no way to delete all of these without them redownloadingza

And, shaydlife, where do I go once logged into Facebook from my computer?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 11:09 AM
    As a matter of fact you don't have to go to the site on your computer, you can do it in you FB options on your phone.

Just uncheck the interactions that aren't needed.
    11-14-09 11:45 AM
    I don't know if you can go through and delete them in one quick swoop rather than going through each one by one, which I do not suggest since you have 351 entries. But hey, if you got a lot of time on your hands one day ...

However, other than turning off reminders, you can also get them to stop showing by selecting only to show calender reminders wherever you want.

In calendar, hit blackberry button then choose -->select calendar-->pick which one you want shown instead of "Show all calendars"
    In my blackberry for example I can pick
    __Show all calendars
    __xxxxxxxgmail.com
    __Facebook
    Your options will be personal to whatever you have showing calendar reminders on your phone. Does that help?
    11-14-09 02:30 PM
    I don't know if you can go through and delete them in one quick swoop rather than going through each one by one, which I do not suggest since you have 351 entries. But hey, if you got a lot of time on your hands one day ...

However, other than turning off reminders, you can also get them to stop showing by selecting only to show calender reminders wherever you want.

In calendar, hit blackberry button then choose -->select calendar-->pick which one you want shown instead of "Show all calendars"
    In my blackberry for example I can pick
    __Show all calendars
    __xxxxxxxgmail.com
    __Facebook
    Your options will be personal to whatever you have showing calendar reminders on your phone. Does that help?
    i dopnt mind facebook adding birthdays but i hate how it does it. i already have some birthdays stored in my outlook contacts as it is, so facebook doubles them up now. What i want is for FB to fill the same damn field that outlook would use and not create a "facebook" birthday entry. Just like most things, RIM gets half of it right but never even close to all of it
    11-14-09 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD