I don't know if its my device or the facebook application but the history keeps getting deleted, my status won't upgrade, I don't get all the messagea/comments/etc. And when I try to do something I keep getting a message talking about the 'rim' or the facebook connection failed. I've deleted and downloaded the application twice ready and it keeps happening..
    Help anyone???
    05-09-09 08:35 AM
    sounds like you might have memory issues. what's your free memory at?

(options>status>memory)
    05-09-09 02:16 PM
    In status say 'file free 959326 bytes '
    Is that not enough? If so, is it possible to get more memory?
    05-09-09 11:09 PM
    nope not enough! that's less than 1 mb free, recommended free memory is 12mb (12 000 000 bytes)

read up on reed mclay's thread on how to clear up some memory. it ranges from easy stuff to more technical stuff. i pretty much went all the way and deleted voice activated dialing and carrier themes, i have about 15 mb of free memory after a fresh battery pull on top of well over 10 third party applications on my bb (including facebook). i definitely recommend clearing up space.
    05-10-09 01:12 AM
    I recommend deleting the facebook app. It eats up memory and the mobile site is far better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 02:22 AM
    nope not enough! that's less than 1 mb free, recommended free memory is 12mb (12 000 000 bytes)

read up on reed mclay's thread on how to clear up some memory. it ranges from easy stuff to more technical stuff. i pretty much went all the way and deleted voice activated dialing and carrier themes, i have about 15 mb of free memory after a fresh battery pull on top of well over 10 third party applications on my bb (including facebook). i definitely recommend clearing up space.
    I have been having the same problem and I have much more than the quoted memory free. . . Any other possibilities?
    05-17-09 09:51 PM
    I had a problem with mine where I could not receive any notifications and the hour glass kept appearing. An uninstall and reinstall of Facebook did the trick. Took all but 10 minutes. You might want to give that a try.

05-18-09 06:32 AM
    I originally had memory problems with my 8120. My call history would get deleted and text messages would get deleted as soon as they arrived. I called T Mobile Tech support and the problem was resolved:

1). Got a memory card and transferred all my pics to the memory card from the phone's internal memory.

2). Was advised to go to "applications" and delete the Blackberry sample video

3) Also instructed to turn on the "memory cleaning" function. Options-Security-Memory Cleaning-Status-enabled-save.

I have never had any problems since.
    05-18-09 02:50 PM
    Forgot to mention that I was also advised to periodically take out the battery and then put it back in. This will free up memory space.

I have the new Facebook Mobile 1.5 on my Pearl and have not encountered any memory issues.
    05-18-09 02:51 PM
    Also, if you don't feel like doing the actual battery pull, there's a program called QuickPull that simulates a battery pull.
    You can also clear your browser cache, cookies, etc., which can take up some memory too. In the browser, go to options->cache operations. Clear out what you want then close it out.
    05-19-09 02:17 AM
    I recommend deleting the facebook app. It eats up memory and the mobile site is far better.

agreed! i would get some fb notifications and my status updates would be two updates behind! i logged out of the app and just use the mobile version. though it's helpful to have email notifications from fb pushed to your BB.
    06-04-09 07:31 AM
    I use the 1.5 daily and have no problems I love it. Try deleting it and reinstall also go to the app store and download quickpull for free. Set it up to do a pull everyday and you don't have to worry about it. I have mine set to do a pull at like 3 am or so and rarely have to do a manual pull anymore. only if I get a strange email and it freezes up the whole thing or for some reason i lose all data like I did the other day.
    06-04-09 07:44 AM
    I had the connection failure problem all the time until I upgraded my OS. That seems to be one of the few benefits I encountered with upgrading - now FB seems to run a lot smoother.
    06-04-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD