Hi guys and gals. Long time veiwer first time poster. So I upgraded from a sprint 8330 to the 8530 on april 1st. It came out of the box with 5.0 os and wst day everything was going good. Even the facebook app. So later that day I hit the wireless update and saw the os. .459 was available so I updated. Not sure if that's what's causing my facebook app to run so slow and starts to freeze my phone up or if maybe it was slow before and I just didn't play with the app long enough before the update. Anyone else have this issue????? My 8330 fb app on my other line works flawless. Don't know why the 8530s version would be so slow that I uninstalled it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 10:56 AM
    I have the same phone same wireless sprint update, runs like a champ. Freezes maybe once every other day, but I just close the app and open it again and it's fine.

Are you running a lot of other apps in the background?
    Last edited by tbizzy1985; 05-11-10 at 11:36 AM.
    05-11-10 11:16 AM
    No I don't run any apps except for berrybuzz

05-11-10 12:05 PM
    Try deleting it and reinstall it again. And .459 is way better than the version it came out of the box.

05-11-10 12:08 PM
    I've deleted and reinstalled it many times already. It will work fine the 1st time but then if I refresh it or shut it down and open it up later it will start freezing up on me. I wonder if its related to another thing my 8530 does wich is if I do the voice noted recorder when I hit the stop recording button it while get frozen for about 20 seconds.

05-11-10 12:21 PM
    i deleted my fb app because i just wasnt a fan ... i think you should just do it via web and it will be a much more enjoyable experience
    05-12-10 08:39 PM
    I just use m.facebook.com on mines

05-13-10 09:14 AM
    how do you check for an update?
    05-13-10 10:05 AM
    I hate the facebook app so bad I just deleted it and use the mobile site. It was always screwing up.

Why hasn't any one else made a app for facebook?

05-13-10 04:55 PM
    I hate the facebook app so bad I just deleted it and use the mobile site. It was always screwing up.

Why hasn't any one else made a app for facebook?

API difficulties (FB api changes, RIM push data, etc), lack of adoption even if it is better than the RIM one. Official apps always get more exposure.

Basically it'd be a lot of work that would just end up getting trumped by a RIM app down the road anyhow.
    05-13-10 06:00 PM
    Really grammar check that **** 90...

05-13-10 11:16 PM
    I too am a big fan of the mobile site... don't like the FB app for the BB, didn't like the one for the T-Mobile Sidekick either. the only FB app that I think is good is the one for the Iphone/Ipod Touch. But yeah, the mobile FB site works great, always super fast for me.

05-14-10 11:16 AM
    Ya the only reason I could think of to keep the app is to know right away when I got a notification and I figured if I need to know that bad I got a problem..just check when ur bored... The mobile facebook works really well

05-14-10 12:41 PM
    Ya the only reason I could think of to keep the app is to know right away when I got a notification and I figured if I need to know that bad I got a problem..just check when ur bored... The mobile facebook works really well

Ah ok, that's cool. I get immediate emails when I get a notification, but I keep the app on my phone so it keeps my contacts linked up and so I can upload a pic when I want to. I usually stay logged out of the app tho, so I don't get double notifications, and so it doesn't slow down my phone at all.

05-14-10 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD