I have an unlocked blackberry torch and I'm using it with tmobile. I installed Facebook app and like other apps, it says that I need a data plan for me to use it? Uhhh I do have a data plan. Is this a fixable problem? Couldn't seem to find anything on google. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks I'm advanced

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 03:05 AM
    The same thing happen to me. I had to upgrade my data plan. I'm with att and upgraded to the 45 dollar plan. Before that most apps wouldn't work. U can access fb thru browser but if u want to use the app ull have to upgrade

03-01-11 06:49 AM
    The same thing happen to me. I had to upgrade my data plan. I'm with att and upgraded to the 45 dollar plan. Before that most apps wouldn't work. U can access fb thru browser but if u want to use the app ull have to upgrade

That's great.... :/

thank you

03-01-11 07:09 AM

Any BB data plan will allow you to access any app that uses BIS(IE the facebook app). You do not need to upgrade to any plan besides what you think you will use for data. My wife has the 250mb plan and uses facebook every day from her pearl.

Sounds to me like ATT just took you for a sucker and made you buy a plan you didn't need.
    03-01-11 07:12 AM
    All I know is.....before= no apps. After= all apps work. Ill pay alil extra to have the apps.

03-01-11 07:41 AM
    you may want to try resending your service books. They would have the right network codes put in place to access the BIS network to allow you to do facebook and such. Good luck
    03-01-11 07:43 AM
    All I know is.....before= no apps. After= all apps work. Ill pay alil extra to have the apps.

....And your a fool. Why pay for something you don't need? Even my grandfathered unlimited plan it's only 30$ a month. What your paying for is the ability to tether your phone to your laptop.

Why would they offer 3 different price plans for BB data if only the top tier allows for app usage? Answer, they all are the exact same thing with the exception of the amount of data can be used or in the case of the 45$ plan which also allows the ability to tether your phone to the laptop to be used as a mobile modem.
    03-01-11 08:03 AM
    Sorry for the double post but just had a look at the ATT BB data plan pricing list, have a look at this page:

Blackberry Data Plan Pricing

All 3 plans have this under them:

DataPlus 200 MB for BlackBerry
    Stay connected and productive. Surf the web, send email, and visit social networking sites. Wi-Fi access included!

This is the 15$ plan

DataPro 2 GB for BlackBerry
    Go beyond the basics. Stream music, download videos, files, and apps; plus send email, surf the Web, and more. Wi-Fi access included!

This is thw 25$ plan

DataPro 4GB for Blackberry Tethering
    DataPro 4GB for Blackberry Tethering includes 4GB. Once 4GB is exceeded, an additional 1GB is automatically provided at a rate of $10 for each additional 1GB provided. Unused data usage does not carry over. For Blackberry devices ONLY.

And this is the 45$ plan, Notice how the this plan adds the ability to tether? This is the only difference in the plan, other then the obvious difference in the amount of data you can use.
    Last edited by homer1475; 03-01-11 at 08:28 AM.
    03-01-11 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD