just got a update notification that facebook 2.0.0.45 is ready from app world.
    08-19-11 01:38 AM
    Me too
    Although I rarely use FB
    08-19-11 01:54 AM
    I was excited, but there are no significant changes in their log.
    08-19-11 02:10 AM
    something funny i noticed.....

i bought a droid from here like 2 months or so ago. in the time ive owned it, FB updated like 2 or 3 times. other apps, same thing updates every week or so. BB has zero love. updates every like 5 months or more. kinda made me wonder WTF. why are android apps updating all the time, where BB apps update in FOREVER.

either way i ditched the droid and stuck with my BB anyway....carry on.
    08-19-11 02:25 AM
    ^isn't it a bad thing that the Droid app needs to be updated so frequently??
    Ive had no problems with the current BB FB app and don't have any of the small issues this update fixes.

Honestly, what more could they add? The chat integration is amazing on the BB app, and events sync with the calendar. The only thing the app needs is an in-app page for your events and maybe a customizable page to add your 'pages' and 'likes' which would make it exactly like, if not better than the iPhone app.
    08-19-11 04:04 AM
    They also need to add 'likes' for comments on wallposts and statuses.

Or maybe I just don't know how to do it.
    08-19-11 04:50 AM
    Honestly, what more could they add?
    Ability to upload videos and proper support for groups. It's annoying getting a Facebook notification from a group comment and having to open up the mobile site because the app doesn't support it.

They also need to add 'likes' for comments on wallposts and statuses.

Or maybe I just don't know how to do it.
    Select the "+" icon and you have the option to comment or like.
    08-19-11 05:55 AM
    08-19-11 07:22 AM
    something funny i noticed.....

i bought a droid from here like 2 months or so ago. in the time ive owned it, FB updated like 2 or 3 times. other apps, same thing updates every week or so. BB has zero love. updates every like 5 months or more. kinda made me wonder WTF. why are android apps updating all the time, where BB apps update in FOREVER.

either way i ditched the droid and stuck with my BB anyway....carry on.
    Because Facebook themselves developed both the Android and iPhone apps and that explains why there is more frequent updates than the Blackberry app which was developed by RIM and you know how things are with anything RIM makes/develops :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 08:59 AM
    They need to fix the notification bug - I can't turn them off. And logging out every time isn't really convenient either....
    08-19-11 09:13 AM
    Actually bb apps update prolly ever 3 - 4 weeks facebook is my most updated app out of my 20 apps next is like bebuzz

08-19-11 11:15 AM
    Did the notification bug get fixed?

08-19-11 12:28 PM
    If anyone is using a touch BB device:
    You guys should use touch.facebook.com on your mobile browser instead of m.facebook.com if you're using a touch BB device. The touch site has had a complete overhaul and works much better than any app for any platform.
    08-19-11 03:17 PM
    You guys should use touch.facebook.com on your mobile browser instead of m.facebook.com if you're using a touch BB device. The touch site has had a complete overhaul and works much better than any app for any platform.
    Sounds interesting, but does it support FB chat on that UI?

CS
    08-19-11 03:23 PM
    Anyone getting this error?

"We cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. Please try again later (100)"

I was constantly running into that when I installed .37 and I had hoped (vainly) that .45 would correct this deficiency.

It hasn't. Still getting the same error.

08-19-11 10:10 PM
    Oh...note that I am using a Storm 9530.

08-19-11 10:32 PM
    Sounds interesting, but does it support FB chat on that UI?

CS
    No. It doesn't. HTML5 is much more implemented on it though. So I wouldn't bet against it having it in the future.
    08-19-11 11:56 PM
    Scrolling is a b*tch on my Torch 1, it keeps going left or right if I scroll up or down. Is it just me though?

Last edited by luqman24; 08-20-11 at 02:19 AM.
    08-20-11 02:16 AM
    I was excited, but there are no significant changes in their log.
    You might want to install it. It fixes some issues that made FB pretty much unusable... like it will completely quit updating after a while without a cold boot.
    08-22-11 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD