Ok I must be going mad here, here is a list of things that I cannot do with the facebook app that I think I should be able to:

View comments people make about my status (I can see the comments on other peoples) my status updates do not appear in either the status updates or view highlights timeline, only if I click my avatar and then any subsequent comments cannot be seen.

See the actual content of any messages/comments that I get sent. I just get a "Jo Bloggs has sent you a message" notification with the bottom part of the screen blank. Since the app also intercepts any email notifications too I have to go to the mobile site for pretty much everything.

View any comments that people make about photos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 02:52 PM
    ...as a test, go to Facebook (on your device) and in options set it to show messages in the message list.

Now, when you get your next notification in Facebook (on your device), go to your BlackBerry Messages, and see if you can read the message there...

If yes, I say uninstall the application, reboot (battery pull), then install again...
    07-06-09 02:58 PM
    Thanks I'll try that, thing is I had the same issues with the app on my Bold.

Just had a brainwave, could it be the twitter integration I have set up?

Clutching at straws here!
    07-06-09 03:24 PM
    LOL
    Everything you've listed is totally possible with FB1.5 and 1.6!

I rarely have to go to the Mobile Site. Definitely check your settings or re-install.
    07-06-09 04:51 PM
    Is it possible to have see birthdays on the facebook app? They used to get added to my calendar on my 8320 until i upgraded a couple months back. Now I only see upcoming events.
    07-06-09 05:21 PM
    Ok I must be going mad here, here is a list of things that I cannot do with the facebook app that I think I should be able to:

View comments people make about my status (I can see the comments on other peoples) my status updates do not appear in either the status updates or view highlights timeline, only if I click my avatar and then any subsequent comments cannot be seen.

See the actual content of any messages/comments that I get sent. I just get a "Jo Bloggs has sent you a message" notification with the bottom part of the screen blank. Since the app also intercepts any email notifications too I have to go to the mobile site for pretty much everything.

View any comments that people make about photos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Having the exact same problem around the commenting on my own status thing....I don't get why I can't see other ppl's comment on my status as well....This shouldn't have anything to do with me not receiving emails on the blackberry since that only makes me unable to receive any notifications on the facebook app aside from the ones that I made myself through it.....
    07-07-09 10:43 PM
    I partially solved my issues by disabling twitter integration and now I can see people's comments on recent status updates. I say recent as I got an update this morning re a comment somebody made about my update from yesterday evening and I could not find it anywhere so I had to go to the mobile site. I am assuming that it can only display a limited number before they drop off although surely my status should always be at the top ??

Still cannot see the content of messages that people send me through the app.

Does anybody know how I can stop the app intercepting the email updates? At least if I was getting the emails on my BB I could see what people have said.

When you look at the high quality twitter apps that are available you realize just how rubbish this app is.
    07-08-09 05:25 AM
    I believe that u can get the notification on the Facebook app as well as the email if u go to Option and uncheck the "Leave ............. on server"....

But can u explain how the twitter integration affects this?

And yes, I second that of ur comment on Twitter Apps.....I have no idea why FB apps are....lacking either one or the other all the time......but again.....what can I say...I can't write one of my own.....I'm away too long!!
    07-08-09 06:14 AM
    I still get email updates on my mac just not to my BB so they are left on the server. My understanding is that the app intercepts the email and turns it into FB notification and in my case removes the content. I tried switching off interaction with messaging in the app settings but now I do not get either the email or the FB header only message. It really is bl**dy useless!

As for twitter I really do not know why but I just took a guess that as my FB status was being updated by twitter that this could have been fooling the app somehow as they were not even showing up.
    07-08-09 08:39 AM
    From my understanding, if u disable the notification emails to the BB phone (not the Mac), u'll not get FB notification on the app itself as well and I believe thats what happen to you when u switch off the interaction with the messaging app....
    07-08-09 09:26 AM
    Bump...

The app is still not behaving, any messages/comments recieved just look like the picture below, most other notifications just do not respond at all when I select them in the app. I can no longer even respond to a friend request any more.

I also seem totally unable to return to where I was before which is still getting an email on my BB with the details of any comments/messages etc. The app intercepts them and there is nothing I can do (I tried turning off the messaging interaction, no difference)

It seems I just need to wait for the next version and hope......
    07-22-09 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD