Facebook App destroyed my calendar appointments when I un-installed it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 06:57 PM
    it is bad..i hate it
    06-10-10 07:07 PM
    what did it do? I've never had an issue with my facebook app
    06-10-10 07:38 PM
    I uninstalled because it sucked so bad and after it restarted my BlackBerry 9700 I found my Calendar all but devoid of most entries - probably something to do with the way the stupid Facebook App tries to integrate with the Calendar... Damn I'm pissed...

06-10-10 07:50 PM
    i guess i dont know what users expect the app to do. It does everything I need at this point except chat. Android and Iphone dont even have true push notifications for their apps.
    06-10-10 08:23 PM
    i guess i dont know what users expect the app to do. It does everything I need at this point except chat. Android and Iphone dont even have true push notifications for their apps.
    That has nothing to do with this post.

06-10-10 08:28 PM
    I hate it as well. Whenever I'm using it, the phone becomes slower. But when I'm using other application or when I browse, the phone's response is normal.

06-10-10 08:59 PM
    I will try and figure out if there's a way to selectively restore just the Address Contacts and Calendar databases tomorrow... Either that or lose 2 days info and resort to a full restore from 2 days ago - did I mention how much I hate this...?

06-10-10 09:19 PM
    Did you check before uninstalling which calendar was holding your entries? Or what calendar was being used when you entered a new appointment on your Bold?

06-10-10 10:20 PM
    agreed it is pretty bad.
    06-11-10 01:32 AM
    Patience.....

06-11-10 01:34 AM
    Absolutely Hate it!! I have resorted to Vodafone, Ubertwitter, & SocialScope for Social media.
    Also, I wouldn't recommend linking it w/your personal calendar - the App crashes, your appts are gone. I prefer to take the time for the double-post rather than linking Apps. It takes longer, but when you use your calendar for personal and business, use caution. (jmo)
    06-11-10 08:05 AM
    JustaNJDiva - you're absolutely correct and I think that was part of the problem...

Also found out that even after deleting the stupid Facebook App that future calendar entries default to "Facebook" even though it supposedly deleted/uninstalled... What a nightmare... Avoid this App at all costs...

Good news is I had a backup and my Calendar entries appear to be back to normal...

06-11-10 08:39 AM
    You can always delete the facebook cical to remove the facebook calendar. Also want to go in options and make sure you choose the correct default calendar. Im guessing more than likley the facebook one was the default, so whenever you made appointments and such it was on the facebook calendar. So once you removed the app, it deleted its calendar. Also want to check which calendar you are viewing. You can select to show all calendars or just choose specific ones.
    06-11-10 08:58 AM
    Ran into a similar issue, I don't use FB, however my GF does and it has ALWAYS caused weird problems ranging from battery drain to most recently deleting her entire address book. We both have 9700, running .680 we're both power users for the most part the only diffference being I dont use FB.

The app from all my experience- is garbage.
    06-17-10 08:26 AM
    I HATE the fb app too.
    Urgh, they need to release a NEW and better version :/
    06-17-10 08:33 AM
    i like the app, never did anything wrong
    06-17-10 08:37 AM
    That's why I either use the mobile facebook site or socialscope.

the fb app does suck!
    06-17-10 08:43 AM
    You can always delete the facebook cical to remove the facebook calendar. Also want to go in options and make sure you choose the correct default calendar. Im guessing more than likley the facebook one was the default, so whenever you made appointments and such it was on the facebook calendar. So once you removed the app, it deleted its calendar. Also want to check which calendar you are viewing. You can select to show all calendars or just choose specific ones.
    What he said works fine. For me. ^^^
    06-17-10 08:46 AM
    Well I had never had any issues with the fb app until yesterday. It is no longer showing status updates. Under all of my friends where there should be a status it just says "over a year ago". Never had this problem before, I can view highlights just not status. Any one else have this issue?

06-17-10 09:31 AM
    If I delete the fb app is it going to remove all of the info that is has added to my contacts over the time I have had it?
    06-17-10 10:16 AM
    If I delete the fb app is it going to remove all of the info that is has added to my contacts over the time I have had it?
    How about backing up your device calendar & contacts etc, then delete the app and if things are gone restore your backups...?
    06-18-10 01:53 AM
    Yea, it's terrible compared to the iPhone app. Haven't FB for Android yet.
    06-18-10 11:58 AM
    I laugh at all the people who have problems with the facebook app
    06-18-10 08:37 PM
    Well I had never had any issues with the fb app until yesterday. It is no longer showing status updates. Under all of my friends where there should be a status it just says "over a year ago". Never had this problem before, I can view highlights just not status. Any one else have this issue?

I have been having this issue for the last 3 days or so. I am still getting all of my updates, am able to use the app to update my own status, but can't see the status updates of any of my friends. Just the "over a year ago" message. Anybody have this issue and know how to fix it?
    06-19-10 02:44 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD