I searched for an answer to this question before posting, and came across similar topics, but nothing that actually helps with my problem.

I have the Facebook app installed on my Tour. I want the application not to make any noise when i get a notification and have the setting in my profile as silent, yet the phone is still making a ringing noise when I receive a new notification.

I did: Set Ring Tones/Alerts> Other> Facebook> Volume:Silent
    Facebook Reminder is set this way as well

Anyone have an idea what to do?

Thanks A Lot In Advance,
    Mike
    10-20-09 02:14 AM
    try a battery pull, phone on pull the battery out and replace it in 30 seconds. see if that helps.
    10-20-09 02:18 AM
    ive done battery pulls before so i dont think that will help
    10-20-09 02:24 AM
    Try making a custom profile.
    I have a custom one made and under the Facebook option I have it set volume: normal and vibration custom to what I want.
    It does not ring at all, all it does is just vibrate.
    10-20-09 02:37 AM
    Go to Profiles > Edit Profiles > then pick whatever profile you are using > other > facebook

That will let you pick what facebook does in reference to ringing/vibrating ect...
    10-20-09 02:50 AM
    as i had said i set it to silent but it still makes a sound whenever i get a notification...
    10-20-09 03:15 AM
    as i had said i set it to silent but it still makes a sound whenever i get a notification...

If you've done a couple hard resets (pull battery for 30 seconds) and it's still not changing....I'd reinstall your OS, because my fbook stuff doesn't ring.
    10-20-09 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD