So I have the facebook app on my 8900....I can post messages and pics just fine from the BB....however, I never can see my messages. I see them just fine on my laptop....but never on the BB. I have tried refreshing, closing out and going back in but still nothing from me. Other peoples posts update.

Any ideas??

THANKS!!
    08-20-09 05:57 PM
    What version??? I have 1.6.0.21

Also, do you have the email address you used on Facebook on your device?
    08-20-09 06:15 PM
    I'm so new to this device...I'm not sure what version I have. I do have the email address I use on facebook associated on the BB. (I also have a blackberry email on the device) I can't figure this out
    08-20-09 06:26 PM
    Find your Options icon and open that, then Advanced Options, the Applications, then scroll down to find Facebook... the version number is on the right.
    08-20-09 06:52 PM
    if your talking about posting comments, once the comment is posted it brings you back into the prior screen. you then need to click on the comment thread again and scroll down to view the messages you posted.
    08-20-09 07:13 PM
    thank you....version is 1.6.0.21

Find your Options icon and open that, then Advanced Options, the Applications, then scroll down to find Facebook... the version number is on the right.
    08-20-09 07:53 PM
    that does not work

if your talking about posting comments, once the comment is posted it brings you back into the prior screen. you then need to click on the comment thread again and scroll down to view the messages you posted.
    08-20-09 07:55 PM
    thank you....version is 1.6.0.21
    That is good... now, when you asking about your posts, are you talking about when you say something??? Like the stuff that shows up on the Profile tab when you log in with you PC's browser??? If you are, they hid that a little for this version... scroll over your picture just to the left of where they have the "What's on your mind?" and click on the picture... that will display your past postings.
    08-20-09 08:08 PM
    yes...in the box that says, "write something"

I did what you said....and now I do see my posts...THANKS! Seems very odd that they would not have your own posts shown on the front page.

The other thing I find strange....I can't see pictures that people post. Example...the same person posted a comment, and then a couple of minutes later a picture. I can see her comment, but the BB completely skips over the pic.

Is this "normal"?

Thanks again for all of your help!
    08-20-09 08:53 PM
    yes...in the box that says, "write something"

I did what you said....and now I do see my posts...THANKS! Seems very odd that they would not have your own posts shown on the front page.

The other thing I find strange....I can't see pictures that people post. Example...the same person posted a comment, and then a couple of minutes later a picture. I can see her comment, but the BB completely skips over the pic.

Is this "normal"?

Thanks again for all of your help!
    Yes, it's normal. This app was only meant to be a quick look at comments... a small app for mobile devices... not a full web app, that is what your PC web browsers is for.

It does allow you to view images, but you first must go to that person's profile and select their Photo Album. Just keep poking around, you'll find a lot more stuff hidden around different areas... plus I'm sure they will add a few more things with their next mobile app software release.
    08-21-09 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD