So, heres my latest FB app problems.

** When someone posts on my wall from an ipod/iphone, i dont get a notification. Any other time, i do. such as when they are posting on my status, replying to a comment i posted, etc.

** When someone from anywhere posts on my wall, it gives me the text box to reply (on the webpage, this would be a reply to the comment), it allows me to type, but wont let me actually post it. thus, i have to go post it directly to their wall instead of just having it on my wall.

**lastly, and i think that this has always been an issue.... it takes FOREVER for pictures to load. forrrrrevvverrrrrr.

What other issues are people having? anything? im hoping for an update soon, but who knows.
    02-25-10 01:03 PM
    Hey,

I am having the same issues as well. As for the second problem with the App not allowing you to post, I think that it a recent issue; maybe something on facebook's end? Did you update any software recently?
    02-25-10 05:41 PM
    Nope. I just noticed it starting sat night, so I did a battery pull cuz that seems to be the way to fix everything (lol) and it didn't affect it, still did it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 05:44 PM
    I've been having some issues too. I sometimes don't get notifications which is frustrating. Also I found emailing photos to your custom facebook upload email is better for uploading photos.

02-25-10 08:36 PM
    I thought it was just me! It seems I lose the number of messages received each time they upgrade the software. I used to get all messages sent to me on my phone. Now, I doubt if it's 25%.
    02-25-10 09:54 PM
    hello everyone..
    i'm hazri from malaysia

at the beginning, it was hard for me to find out why everytime i tried to upload pictures from Blackberry to Facebook, and it was always failed.
    i've tried an instruction given in this forum...but never succeed...photos never successfully uploaded directly to my facebook via FB App installed in my blackberry..i only can upload pic via email provided by facebook

suddenly, last week i've created new FB account and i'm using Gmail address which already linked/exist in my Blackberry...compare to previous FB account, it doesn't linked to any email account which have been installed in my Blackberry.,.

my FB App for FB Account #2 works very well including photos upload, receiving notification, status updates etc...

as for the conclusion, for those who unable to utilize their FB Apps (receiving notification/pictures upload etc), please ensure you have setup and create email account (which is linked to your Facebook) into you Blackberry device.

In your Blackberry Menu, please go to Setup -> Setup Wizard -> Email setup -> login your BIS account -> insert new email account....

Without email setup, you can't use certain feature for Facebook Application

02-26-10 07:32 AM
    I'm having the pic issue. I've updated my Curve to the newest os and newest fb version. I just noticed last week I'm not able to post to comments someone puts directly on my wall. I have to go to the mobile app to reply to it. Very frustrating. It's prob the new app. I've done the battery pull and reinstall and that didn't work. Any suggestions?
    02-26-10 09:27 PM
    I had the same problem posting photos on my curve. I downloaded the bolt browser from crackberry apps and you can actually access the facebook web page there. Uploading photos is still a bit tricky but I uploaded photos yesterday that I had been trying unsuccessfully for weeks. I had to click on the add more photos link in the desired album and then click on the "simple uploader" link at the bottom of the page. Works great!

02-27-10 09:47 AM
    I'm having a different problem. Twice in about 6 months or so there have been status update texts posted on FB supposedly from me using my blackberry. The only problem is that it consists of symbols and gibberish and I find out by the replies I get back asking me what's going on. I don't send these messages out, does my phone have a mind of its own or could my account be compromised?
    02-27-10 04:23 PM
    Hate FB app for BB. It is pointless to try to do anything through the app version !!

02-27-10 06:29 PM
    I have the same problem with the iphone notification too, also lately I find I close FB using the menu keys but it still running in the background it just wont close.
    02-27-10 06:40 PM
    I have the same problem with the iphone notification too, also lately I find I close FB using the menu keys but it still running in the background it just wont close.
    i have noticed this too and its VERYYY annoying and frustrating. just another thing i dont need contributing to my sucky battery life. hahaha
    03-01-10 08:00 PM
    not getting posts, comment notifications..nothing!! Wife has S2 as do i, hers is fine?
    03-01-10 08:37 PM
    Basically, i just think that RIM or whomever needs to update the FB app, and sooooooon
    03-03-10 10:07 AM
    I'm getting notifications but they just have links for me to open. They don't open directly anymore. Slowly, my blackberry is loosing everything that kept me attached to it since november. I was hooked because I loved the emailing, Facebook, WLM and keypad. Now its getting to the point where I'm not sure if I want to keep it longer or sell it and get something else. Hope it gets fixed soon.

03-03-10 11:42 AM
    I'm getting notifications but they just have links for me to open. They don't open directly anymore. Slowly, my blackberry is loosing everything that kept me attached to it since november. I was hooked because I loved the emailing, Facebook, WLM and keypad. Now its getting to the point where I'm not sure if I want to keep it longer or sell it and get something else. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Getting this exact same problem, with the notifications not linking directly to the status comment or wall post or whatever, just giving me a link to open with my browser. Glad I'm not the only one!
    03-03-10 02:01 PM
    I am not getting any notifications. Thats my main issue thus far.
    03-03-10 02:08 PM
    I am not getting any notifications. Thats my main issue thus far.
    Yep that's my problem as well. Any rumors of an update for facebook?
    03-03-10 02:56 PM
    Yep that's my problem as well. Any rumors of an update for facebook?

HA, dont we wish.
    03-04-10 07:40 AM
    Getting this exact same problem, with the notifications not linking directly to the status comment or wall post or whatever, just giving me a link to open with my browser. Glad I'm not the only one!
    me 2 and I'm also getting some wall posts that are coming through hours and sometimes DAYS after they were actually posted, plus if someone posts a say youtube video on your wall the notification I keep getting is whatever they wrote on my wall the time before the video link, even if that was months before. I really hate going to the mobile site but the app sucks so bad right now
    03-04-10 07:57 AM
    Ive pretty much given up on the Facebook app. Even with OS updates that make my browser speed FAST, the app is still slow. I pretty much keep it logged out now and just use the Facebook Mobile Site. Its WAY faster and you can do all the same stuff.
    03-04-10 08:08 AM
    I am having problems like that too. I get comment notifications but they just have links in them to the mobile site. I get notifications on messages recieved but they just have links. Whats going on? This just recently started happening for me.
    03-04-10 08:34 AM
    I'm having all the same issues as everyone else.

** I have deleted the app then reinstalled (still no result)

*** I changed my log in email to my bb email (still no result)

**** I upgraded my OS (still no result)

i don't know what else to try. The fb for bb app is a waste of time... Hopefully there is a update coming soon or im going to have to utilize fb mobile or sms txt. Ugh they both suck.
    03-04-10 08:48 AM
    Same as all above, only when I deleted and reinstalled the app, all of my calendar entries(face book or not) were deleted as well!

SocialScope gives me my facebook fix. BB app sux!

Thank goodness for Aurkon OTA backup!

P~

Hate FB app for BB. It is pointless to try to do anything through the app version !!

03-04-10 09:18 AM
    For saving battery life, try logging out

03-04-10 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD