Hey all, I'm new to Crackberry.com, but am loving the site! There's a lot of great topics and even better help!

So here's my issure:

I have the Facebook app installed on my phone, and everything on it was working great. However, I am now having an issue that it isn't sending updates to my phone. Before I started having issues, the icon would change (much like the message icon changes when you recieve a new message) when someone would write on my wall, comment on a picture, etc. But now the icon never changes, and the application won't even update anything. I've had people write on my wall, and it just never gets to my phone. I can still send out updates and such with it, but I'm just not receiving anything. I've tried resending the service books, battery pull, and I feel like I'm running out of options. Also, I am running the most current version. Any help would be appreciated!
    05-01-09 08:37 AM
    First thing I would do is make sure all the email notifications you want are turned ON-see if that does anything!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 09:57 AM
    Yeah, they're all on. I've made no changes from when I first installed the application, and it was working perfectly fine then. I'm just at a loss because I feel like I've tried everything. For clarification, I'm wanting the application itself to show a notification, not my messages folder.
    05-01-09 10:05 AM
    I have given up on FB 1.5, deleted it last night. Nothing but problems with it. I e-mailed to get support, but no response.

05-01-09 10:15 AM
    Hmmm-i guess I would try deleting and re-installing then...I personally haven't had any problems with 1.5 but it seems to be pretty buggy with a lot of people...but try a re-install, ubertwitter was messin up for me last week and a re-install fixed it, may have the same luck with fb!

05-01-09 10:30 AM
    I've had this prob many times. Simply add a email on ur fb and the email should be watever ur blackberry email u set up when u got the phone. For instance I'm on cell south so its user@csouth1.blackberry.com and it works fine

Remember to insure delivery it Needs to be a direct to phone email.

Last edited by SP-JESTER; 05-01-09 at 12:05 PM.
    05-01-09 12:01 PM
    I've had this prob many times. Simply add a email on ur fb and the email should be watever ur blackberry email u set up when u got the phone. For instance I'm on cell south so its xxxxx and it works fine

Remember to insure delivery it Needs to be a direct to phone email.

Does this apply to the problem I'm having? I'm not concerned about receiving an email telling me when something happened. I simply want to be able to see when people write on my wall or comment on a photo of mine. I used to get notified by the FB icon changing to have a star on it (signifying that some sort of activity had went on). Now there's never even an update once I open the app. I never set up a blackberry email, and didn't really feel the need since I had multiple email addresses already. I'm definitely willing to add a new email for it though, so let me know if you think this still could be the solution for me.
    05-01-09 12:32 PM
    Well in order to get the notifications via mobile you have to enable email notifications for the actions you want

05-01-09 07:35 PM
    This my friend is what you need to do to make it deliver to the facebook app and not your phone message list.

On facebook on the computer go to Top right of page and click settings, then Account Settings

Should look more like mine when done

05-01-09 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD