Can anyone please tell me if there is an app that will allow me to add posts to Facebook group pages that I have admin access to please?

I can do it on my ipad (with Facebook Pages app) but would like to be able to do it from my phone aswell.

Thanks
    07-18-12 12:57 PM
    Not sure if I'm missing something here...but I am an admin to a group on FB and I use the RIM Facebook app. version 3.1.0.17 .
    07-18-12 01:37 PM
    Hi,
    I am relatively new to FB so it may be me.

What I am trying to achieve, is to be able to post to the group page as the group and not as 'me' posting from my personal account to the group page - if that makes sense.
    07-18-12 01:50 PM
    Are you sure you're talking about a group, and not a fan page?

I didn't know you could 'post as' a group even when on the full site.. But I could be wrong.

If you have a fan page, I.e. A business page.. When on the full site you can choose to either be you, or be the page (ie your posts show up as comming from whatever your page name is.) If you want to post as your page from your phone, I use hootsuite.
    07-18-12 02:06 PM
    From the Facebook app once opened and logged in you will see at the top right "facebook" with a drop down menu. highlight and select this. It will then show you a bunch of options. Scroll to 'Groups' icon and select. it will show the group or groups you belong to. choose one. then from there you will see the option to write post/share photo.

If you don't see the option for groups. you need to update the app to the latest version.

As for posting 'as the group' not sure what you mean. It will post to the group but will show who posted. As mentioned above, you may be thinking of 'Fan pages'.
    Last edited by tjseaman; 07-18-12 at 02:26 PM.
    07-18-12 02:14 PM
    there is a i-app that workes perfectly

App Store - Facebook Pages Manager
    but I was wondering if there is a blackberry app that will do the same?
    07-18-12 02:52 PM
    Are you sure you're talking about a group, and not a fan page?

I didn't know you could 'post as' a group even when on the full site.. But I could be wrong.

If you have a fan page, I.e. A business page.. When on the full site you can choose to either be you, or be the page (ie your posts show up as comming from whatever your page name is.) If you want to post as your page from your phone, I use hootsuite.

Hootsuite it is - thank you. It allows me to post to my personal pages and the business pages. The free version let's you manage 5 social accounts - perfect!
    07-19-12 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD