Hi all!!!! My first post on the forum here (been lurking for a while and whenever I needed help with my phone the site has been awesome for info!!!!) and I'm sorry it's a HELP ME thread, but I have been looking online sporadically throughout the day on my breaks at work and can't seem to find any recent info on this issue.

My Facebook App notifications have not been working for a few days now. I will check the site on a PC and at one point I had around 14 notifications but my App listed nothing, not even if I refresh the list. They just up and stopped coming in.

I have tried each of these steps approximately 3-5 times each:

-deleting, rebooting and re-installing the application from BB App World.
    -logging out, clearing the cache on my phone, logging back in and clearing the cache on the App
    -a button reboot (Left ALT+Right SHIFT+DEL) and battery removal reboot of the phone

It's not a dire issue that the App be working for me, however my co-workers who have BlackBerries as well are not having any issues with their phones.

Just curious if this issue is within my phone or if there are other people experiencing this little annoyance.

Thanks!!!

Steve
    Last edited by generation_x_dad; 02-16-12 at 04:25 PM.
    02-16-12 04:21 PM
    You have probably already checked this, but have you run through the facebook setup to ensure that you have requested notifications?

You then need to check your message notifires and see if you have the tone setup etc.
    generation_x_dad likes this.
    02-17-12 08:08 AM
    You have probably already checked this, but have you run through the facebook setup to ensure that you have requested notifications?

You then need to check your message notifires and see if you have the tone setup etc.
    Sorry dangerousfen, I forgot to list those as well. Each time I deleted and re-installed, it prompted me to go through the set-up (which I did), and each time I logged out and logged back in, I re-tried the setup wizard.

I get no sort of notification at all nor are there any notifications listed when I go into the app and select the NOTIFICATIONS icon to list them. The red asterisk that normally appears in the top corner of the Homepage Facebook app icon doesn't appear anymore and the small Facebook icon with the number beside it (indicating the amount of unread notifications there are) doesn't appear at the top under the time either.

I thought at first it may have been I didn't have any notifications waiting (no one commented, messaged, Like'd, etc.) but when I went home there were about 13-15 notifcations shown in the website on my computer but my Facebook app showed nothing all day long.

Also, I have my alerts and sound profile set to Normal (all alerts ON at volume level 7).

It has just started alerting me for Facebook Messenger app this morning but that is it. I still no longer get notifications in the actual Facebook app, not even for the chat (normally I would get a notification from Facebook Messenger app as well as a notification within the Facebook app for the Chat.

It's not a life-or-death thing for me (I can survive without Facebook lol) but sometimes I use the app to contact people or keep on top of things and it's frustrating to have to wait all day until I get home to reply or update things.
    02-17-12 09:21 AM
    Have you installed a new theme recently which could be causing this issue? Apart from that I'm running out of ideas now. Perhaps someone else can chime in here.

Alan.
    02-17-12 09:43 AM
    I read somewhere in these forums that since facebook has entered a new layout, the timeline, for all users recently, you won't get your notifications for a while until the app is updated accordingly or the site is updated, something like that. Hope this helps.
    02-17-12 09:56 AM
    I had notification issues about a week ago that lasted for about an entire week. They finally started clearing up in the past couple days, but I had a hiccup on Wednesday. All seems to be working now.

It's probably got something to do with the FB servers with the update like Silver said. Usually these things clear themselves up in a few days. It's really frustrating, but it's something that will just need to work itself out unfortunately.
    02-17-12 10:35 AM
    Have you installed a new theme recently which could be causing this issue? Apart from that I'm running out of ideas now. Perhaps someone else can chime in here.

Alan.
    No, I haven't installed or changed anything. LOL I'm a pretty simply guy and I don't change my phones much. I've had the same theme that was active when they first turned it on at the Rogers store lol, and it has had the same wallpaper (a VERY cute pic of my little girl that I took when I showed up to the YMCA Day Camp last summer to pick her up and she was crouched on her knees as if to pray but she was passed out hehe) for almost a year now.

I'm a licensed automotive technician and this was bugging me because I really enjoy diagnosing and fixing problems (especially complicated technical/electrical ones) and while I know this phone isn't a car, it's the principle that it has a problem and I was anxious to get to the bottom of it. Sucks that I can't get out my Fluke 88V to fix this one though

I read somewhere in these forums that since facebook has entered a new layout, the timeline, for all users recently, you won't get your notifications for a while until the app is updated accordingly or the site is updated, something like that. Hope this helps.
    I had notification issues about a week ago that lasted for about an entire week. They finally started clearing up in the past couple days, but I had a hiccup on Wednesday. All seems to be working now.

It's probably got something to do with the FB servers with the update like Silver said. Usually these things clear themselves up in a few days. It's really frustrating, but it's something that will just need to work itself out unfortunately.
    I was wondering the same as well. I tried to see if it was a network or a Wi-Fi issue (only working on one or the other) but the only thing that has worked now is separate Facebook Messenger Chat app but it seems to be okay on either the network or Wi-Fi.

I'm a hot and cold Facebook user to be quite honest so I don't mind waiting until I'm on lunch at work to check it or when I get home to my laptop. I figure if people need to contact me that bad, they can find other channels to do so . I will go days, sometimes even a week without updating my status, checking news feeds, sending birthday greetings, etc. Then I'll have a day (usually a rainy afternoon when I don't have my daughter or evenings after she's gone to bed when I do have her) where I will sit on it for hours at a time and catch up on everything I missed :-). It was just odd because everyone at work here who has one was having no issues with theirs but other people I talk to were having sporadic issues with it but all of them said their's still worked.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I'll just wait it out and see what happens.
    Last edited by generation_x_dad; 02-17-12 at 11:48 AM.
    02-17-12 11:45 AM
    Give it a few days then and hopefully all will be back to normal.
    02-17-12 04:59 PM
    i have another annoyin issue..i had this problem for a month..and it fixed itself suddenly ..

but i only get notifications for every thing except messages ! ..

i said to myself maybe it's the facebook messenger ..i logged out from there and deleted the app...the messages worked for a while and i was happy ..and then back to the disappointment again :S ...logged out from every account i have for facebook on my playbook tablet..and nothin happened..this is frustrating :@
    04-18-12 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD