I noticed when I had Gmail set up in the Tour, when I got a Facebook alert, both email and Facebook would light up. If I went into the Facebook app, the app would show whats was new in there (notifications, etc). Now that I am using the Gmail App instead, Facebook no longer does this. I even sent some stuff from a friends FB, went into the Facebook program and refreshed it a few times. No new notifications or anything. Basically I have to go to the mobile website to see if I have anything new. The App is only good for checking other peoples status's and writing on a wall, but nothing as far as my profile goes. Am I doing something wrong?
    07-14-09 10:45 AM
    my email and my facebook light up also when i get a notification. i just check it in my messages folder then delete it...and both notifications go away. i only open facebook if it is somethign i want to reply to
    07-14-09 10:54 AM
    Mine lit up while using built in gmail support. Once I got rid of that, and started using the Gmail App, it stopped.
    07-14-09 03:59 PM
    The way the Facebook app works is that it monitors the BlackBerry's email inbox for FaceBook "alert" emails, intercepts them, and displays the correct info within the app. It does not monitor any other 3rd party apps - like the Gmail app.

In order for you to receive notifications with the app, you need to have whatever email you use with facebook setup using the standard BB Email system.

One possible solution: Just change the email associated with your facebook account from your gmail address to your vzw.blackberry.net address.
    07-14-09 10:47 PM
    If on the Facebook website I had previously made settings to NOT send me emails for everything, will I also not get notifications via the FB message icon on my BB homescreen?

I didn't want to be getting double alerts for each notification (email, which comes to the BB, and the BB homescreen FB alert).

Now though it seems like I have to go to the mobile site to get notifications at all.

Is there no way around this?

Thanks.
    07-17-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD