I am having issues with notifications on my Facebook application. When I first installed this program I had a yahoo e-mail address and the notifications turned up fine (in the Facebook app). When I changed my contact email address in facebook to my blackberry address, it worked fine as well. But I have changed it to my hotmail address and the notifications do not show up in my Facebook app, but show up in my email. I have tried everything RIM suggested I do but no luck. Any one know a solution? Right now I had to switch back to my blackberry address but people are getting the idea to send me forwards to that address, and I do not has OS 4.5 for my 8130 so I can't see them as they are HTML.
    07-28-08 09:37 PM
    I am having issues with notifications on my Facebook application. When I first installed this program I had a yahoo e-mail address and the notifications turned up fine (in the Facebook app). When I changed my contact email address in facebook to my blackberry address, it worked fine as well. But I have changed it to my hotmail address and the notifications do not show up in my Facebook app, but show up in my email. I have tried everything RIM suggested I do but no luck. Any one know a solution? Right now I had to switch back to my blackberry address but people are getting the idea to send me forwards to that address, and I do not has OS 4.5 for my 8130 so I can't see them as they are HTML.
    I believe there are known issues with the facebook application that may have something to do with the problems you are experiencing
    07-28-08 09:40 PM
    I hope so because the guys at RIM had no idea what the issue was.
    07-28-08 10:52 PM
    Yea, I have the same problem. I have talked to the guys at RIM and they seemed to know what was wrong, I did what they told me, and it still doesnt work. I am waiting for a response from them.
    08-03-08 07:23 PM
    I'll jump on the bandwagon. got the same problem here. My friends bb fb app does fine... mine? not so much. argh!

also, I have a hotmail address as well. maybe it has something to do with that?
    10-07-08 09:50 PM
    Here's how I have mine set up.... I have my BB email address set up as my contact email address. I also have a couple other email addresses set up in my account (my primary email address and a couple for networks I belong to like my employer and the Army). On the privacy setting page, I have my BB email address set so no one can see it.

Last edited by StarDestroyer; 10-08-08 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Make privacy image inline
    10-08-08 09:38 AM
    I had the same problem and I contacted hotmail about it. They said my address wasn't compatible with blackberry. They changed something with their servers and apparently all the email addresses created after early 2000 will not work on your berry's unless you upgrade to hotmails plus services for 20$ a month.

My fix: I set my berry email to receive the notifications and also forwarded all my hotmail emails to the my yahoo account so everything shows up on my phone. It's better than 20$ a month imo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD