Hello.

I have a BB Curve 8330. Installed Facebook app 1.6.0.21. It has been working fine until recently. First, notifications would not open when I received them. So I uninstalled the app, restarted the BB, and reinstalled.

Everything seemed to be better. As of last night, however, I stopped receiving notifications. I have verified that they are being delivered to my email address, however. They're just not making it to the Facebook app.

I have checked my Facebook account settings, and verified that I should be getting notifications.

Does anybody know what is causing this problem, or have a solution? I have noticed in recent days that email delivery is sometimes slow, and there was one instance when I received nothing all day...a "known issue with RIM..." I was told by technical support.

Thanks for any help.

Mike
    09-18-09 12:10 PM
    I just noticed this as well. I was receiving notifications just fine and then this week I've received nothing.
    09-18-09 12:13 PM
    I typed the word Facebook into the "search" box and these are the ones that popped up. There are tons more out there. "Search" is your friend

Facebook application not downloading comments and such

Blackberry Facebook App Problems

Facebook Issue

Yahoo/Facebook Issues

Facebook e-mails not getting pushed thru?

Not getting Facebook messages

Facebook Notification Issues

Facebook Problems with Pearl 8120
    09-18-09 12:14 PM
    This has been going on for several days.. pretty sure its a facebook issue.. some people still get updates but no comments.... no info on why...
    09-18-09 12:16 PM
    I am having the same problem and so are ALL of my friends. we cannot retrieve any of our notifications AND on the FB mobile version half of the comments dont even show up on there. This started happening around the time they added the new texting feature and now the whole thing is messed up. I also uninstalled and reinstalled and only got the alerts for about half a day....still no luck with fixing it
    09-18-09 12:17 PM
    I believe this all started when FB introduced a new feature with something about tagging in statuses, or something. Since then, it's been a gradual decline in the notification functionality. I read either here or on BoyGenius that a new FB app for BB was going to be released in Sep. Anyone heard a possible release date?
    09-18-09 12:22 PM
    1967LS2, In searching, I came up with similar results...most of which had moved off topic, come back on, or had various rants, or the problem was not the same one I described. My decision to post a new thread was an informed decision, and based on the responses received, a good one.

Please don't associate my ranking of "Crackberry newbie" on this forum as meaning "imbecile," or "lacking common sense."
    09-18-09 12:44 PM
    I am having major issues w/fb on my bb as well. Does anyone know if we can use any of the older versions until RIM can fix this issue?
    09-18-09 12:55 PM
    Meechy, I'm not speaking authoritatively, but just making a guess that going to an older version would NOT make a difference. I've had this version since it was released, and have not had any real issues other than general annoyances. FB is pushing hard with new features on their system, and their quality control isn't the greatest right now, apparently.

You can see what sort of information you get on the mobile site...

All in all, we get what we pay for.
    09-18-09 01:23 PM
    Very frustrating. It has nothing to do with what email account is connected. Deleting and downloading FB again will not help. They said it may take a day or two to figure it out.
    09-18-09 01:24 PM
    ok cool i was wondering about that thanks for the info
    09-18-09 01:33 PM
    This is a new problem that just started this week. Definately seems to be a FB problem not app issue. Everyone I have talked to is having same probs & all started at the sametime. Guess we just have to wait it out.:/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 01:40 PM
    Good, at least they know... hopefully they get it squared away. I could care less if I can tag someone in my damn status update, I wanna get my notifications back to my BB!
    09-18-09 01:41 PM
    I am having the same issue! it lets me know that someone commented but when i click on it...the menu pops up and says OPen...and I click it but it doesnt open up...i have to use the mobil site....its annoying
    09-18-09 01:43 PM
    1967LS2, In searching, I came up with similar results...most of which had moved off topic, come back on, or had various rants, or the problem was not the same one I described. My decision to post a new thread was an informed decision, and based on the responses received, a good one.

Please don't associate my ranking of "Crackberry newbie" on this forum as meaning "imbecile," or "lacking common sense."
    BMACKKC, I wasn't trying to be a **** in any way but there is an abundance of the exact same threads all coming to the exact same conclusions. There is nothing wrong with the BB's, there is nothing wrong with the setup of the notifications, there is nothing wrong with the email associated with the BB and there isn't anything wrong with the FB version but there is something wrong with FB itself and there is nothing any one can do about it. Another thread is not warranted when they all discuss this in detail. I appologize if you took my previous comment wrong but generally people with a post count under 10 will rashly create new threads when they could have just performed a simple search to discover 10+ threads with the exact same issue. Most of the time they just haven't discovered the search button and just create mew threads to discover an answer.
    No one called you an imbecile or lacking common sense but like I said this thread is no different than any of the others out there and your problem is the exact same as discussed in the other threads. And from looking at the responses in this thread there doesn't seem to be anything new to add.
    I'm sorry if you took my attempt to help and guide you toward the right direction as an attack on your credibility and intelligence.
    09-18-09 04:34 PM
    BMACKKC, I wasn't trying to be a **** in any way but there is an abundance of the exact same threads all coming to the exact same conclusions. There is nothing wrong with the BB's, there is nothing wrong with the setup of the notifications, there is nothing wrong with the email associated with the BB and there isn't anything wrong with the FB version but there is something wrong with FB itself and there is nothing any one can do about it. Another thread is not warranted when they all discuss this in detail. I appologize if you took my previous comment wrong but generally people with a post count under 10 will rashly create new threads when they could have just performed a simple search to discover 10+ threads with the exact same issue. Most of the time they just haven't discovered the search button and just create mew threads to discover an answer.
    No one called you an imbecile or lacking common sense but like I said this thread is no different than any of the others out there and your problem is the exact same as discussed in the other threads. And from looking at the responses in this thread there doesn't seem to be anything new to add.
    I'm sorry if you took my attempt to help and guide you toward the right direction as an attack on your credibility and intelligence.
    Well stated sir.
    06-23-10 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD