Why use the app? What benefit does it have over the mobile site. Besides not having to launch browser first? I was always under the impression it sucked battery life

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 03:39 PM
    SocialScope has both Twitter and Facebook in one app so I just use that. Granted, the battery does drain pretty fast but I always have access to chargers no matter where I go.
    08-10-09 03:48 PM
    facebook app doesn't need to be left open in order to work, you'll get message alerts. Also, there's a ton of threads already on this topic.

08-10-09 03:50 PM
    I HATE the FB app. Never been a version I've liked, I just use the mobile site. But I have the FB app instsalled so I can upload mobile pics and sync pics to my contacts.
    08-10-09 03:53 PM
    Hate the FB app, too. Prefer the mobile site...and it's not as slow/annoying as the FB app.
    08-10-09 04:02 PM
    U can upload without the app. Just send pic to mobile@facebook com

08-10-09 04:09 PM
    facebook app sends notifications to your phone - the LED will blink when you have a new message/wall post/etc. i guess its the same as having emails sent to you but you can respond right from the app...
    08-10-09 04:15 PM
    The app works great for me, keeps me updated on the go, or out of town...
    08-10-09 04:31 PM
    i would say the mobile site. the app just pushes the info to your phone.
    08-10-09 06:13 PM
    The one thing that makes the least sense about the app is how hard it is to view pictures. You need to go into a friend's profile, rather than getting a feed of the newest pictures. Hopefully that'll be fixed in the next version.
    08-10-09 06:48 PM
    Why use the app? What benefit does it have over the mobile site. Besides not having to launch browser first? I was always under the impression it sucked battery life

How about push notification of any FB updates? I'm NOT interested in going to the website or refreshing the site every half hour to check to see if I have a FB notification. That would drive me insane! Thank god for the app.
    08-10-09 06:57 PM
    well i guess to each his own. i don't check it that terribly often. and don't need to know right away if i have a message or something. now no offense of course redwan. i just have more going on than facebook.
    08-10-09 07:18 PM
    i just have more going on than facebook.
    Yet you started a facebook thread...

08-10-09 08:40 PM
    yes because i was curious why people use it. why its so much better than the mobile site.
    being rude to gain posts is not the way to go man. this place is about helping people with their berries and posting your ideas. there are a lot of noobs out there will silly questions. just be nice. i mean i've been here over a year and have way more posts but you don't see me cutting people down.
    08-10-09 08:46 PM
    Do you guys find that the latest facebook app slows down your phone?

I used to have it and remember it did that. Also even though i changed the options my facecook calender was in my bb calender and i hate that. Really the onlything i miss is the updated blackberry contacts pics. Especially with bbm 5.0.
    08-26-09 01:31 PM
    yes because i was curious why people use it. why its so much better than the mobile site.
    being rude to gain posts is not the way to go man. this place is about helping people with their berries and posting your ideas. there are a lot of noobs out there will silly questions. just be nice. i mean i've been here over a year and have way more posts but you don't see me cutting people down.
    The mobile site is slow and a pain, with the app you can click once and see all your friends most recent updates, you get push notification and you can view pictures and albums with the trackwheel, not page by page. There is more, but a quick search will give you all the answers, but it seems like you don't care, so why ask?
    08-26-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD