Ok so I recently just device wiped and uploaded 4.5.189?? or the newest one.

Facebook app is something I use all the time.

But when someone sends a msg to me I dont receive it on my phone? Whats that about.

Just posting to see if anyone else is having this problem and its facebooks deal since they are being so lame with getting us 1.5. ??

Or if its not them? what did I do? what didnt I do? is this common?

I have all my notifications and permissions set too?

Thanks for the help.
    03-12-09 05:30 PM
    You need to be signed in to get the messages. Open the fb app and make sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 07:26 PM
    I am logged in and receive other notifications. Just not msg?

03-12-09 11:14 PM
    I have the same problem with my facebook.. i received all notifications except messages.. i just upgraded the the newest os 4.6.0.247.. i'm using bold... anybody can help and address the problem and how to fix it... really appreciate the helps.. thank u...
    03-12-09 11:43 PM
    you need to make sure under your facebook notifications settings that is ticked under messages, I'm still getting mine ok. Also needs to make sure that your email is the one for your BB other than that .... not sure what's wrong with yours.
    03-13-09 01:16 AM
    make sure that your facebook is using the same email as the one your pushing through BIS. EXAMPLE: if you have a gmail being pushed to your phone through the system make sure you have the same gmail account for your facebook.
    03-14-09 01:13 AM
    Yup, exactly what alpha omega said. One time I blocked fb notifications on my gmail account that I use for fb because I figured I'd get notifications on my phone but I never got them.

Last edited by redsoxrocker; 03-15-09 at 12:20 AM.
    03-14-09 11:26 AM
    If that doesn't work, try deleting and reinstalling the app again.

03-14-09 11:30 AM
    you will not get any alerts/notifications because Facebook updated their new home screen...You will have to wait til they get the new 1.5 app for Facebook blackberry...I called bb yesterday and they said they are working with it along with facebook since it just came out this week..
    03-14-09 12:09 PM
    Facebook is working on fixing this with the release of 1.5. It is only affecting some people, but especially gmail users when they have the "send me duplicates of my emails I send" filter off.
    03-14-09 05:07 PM
    Thanks for the input guys... my facebook return to normal... The problems just last for one or two days.. i guess they fixed it already...
    03-16-09 06:40 AM
    I am not receiving ANY facebook notifications on my blackberry. How can i fix this??? please help!!
    10-19-11 02:47 PM
    Greetings to all friends and peers!
    This problem where you get all the notification except the messages on your facebook app is not a problem with either facebook or RIM... Its our own ignorance, I think...
    The solution is to log out of the facebook messenger app as the messages are sent to the facebook messenger app, and this application is solely meant for sending and receiving messages. Log out of this messenger app and viola the messages arrive as they used to arrive into the facebook app for blackberry!

Anticipating appreciation!
    02-16-12 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD