Quick question on notifications. Had to get a replacement Storm and my notifications now are not coming in. They were on my previous Storm. Here are the details. Any thoughts would be appreciated. BTW, I have tried reinstalling.

OS 4.7.0.148
    FB App 1.6.21
    I notice in the advanced options that Facebook is no longer listed as an option for my calendar default (not that I would want it to be)
    I have tried deleting and resending service books for both FB as well as my email.
    The email address I use for FB is the same as the one I use on my BB.

Any thoughts here?????
    07-22-09 10:56 AM
    I'm having the same problems. Ever since I downloaded the new verison of Facebook I'm not getting any updates on the Facebook app. I get them by text message but not to my Facebook App. I've reloaded it twice on my Storm and today I got my Tour and downloaded it thinking it was the Storm, but no it's still not loading to my Facebook app. HELP!!
    07-22-09 02:07 PM
    Same here. I downloaded it for my Tour and now I'm not getting ANY notifications at all. somebody help pleeeeeease. That was my favorite part of the app.
    07-22-09 02:19 PM
    i just got an 8330. i've downloaded the facebook app several times. the phone reboots and when it restarts the icon doesn't show up. going into the applications it shows that 1.6.21. is installed on the phone. why is the icon not showing up? help!
    07-22-09 09:00 PM
    OK, got it up and running again. I tried literally everything...deleting service books. Reinstalling at least 5 times. Checking notifications on Facebook. You name it, I tried it.

So, being that this was a replacement phone and all my 3rd Party apps had already been whacked, I decided to do a full wipe and it worked. Not the most palatable choice for those who aren't already up a creek with their apps all deleted, but its a solution at least.

The choice is yours I guess. You should be able to get Facebook working again after wiping your handheld, but you will likely be left with a bit of work to do to get the rest of your phone working the way it was before the wipe.
    07-22-09 10:17 PM
    Did you guys log into Facebook via PC and in the right hand corner click Settings >Notifications?
    07-22-09 10:21 PM
    i just got an 8330. i've downloaded the facebook app several times. the phone reboots and when it restarts the icon doesn't show up. going into the applications it shows that 1.6.21. is installed on the phone. why is the icon not showing up? help!
    Scroll over any icon and hit Menu >Show All. If it doesn't appear it's in a folder, likely under Applications or Downloads...
    07-22-09 10:23 PM
    I'm getting texts now when I get a new message or wall post but still nothing in my facebook app like I use to in the older version
    07-26-09 07:56 PM
    I have looked everywhere for the last 8 hours for a solution to thisto no avail. I even went so far as to wipe the entire phone last night. Still? No go. Has anyone found the problem or the fix? I hate getting SMS updates on my phone. I prefer the notifications on my FB app. Thousands of other users with the same issue and more than 20 diff fix suggestions. None work.
    07-28-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD