Just got my new Torch 9810 yesterday. Today when I went on the Facebook app everything was fine and then when I closed it at the top of my screen where it usually shows a new txt msg, etc. It says "5 and then the fbook logo" like there's 5 notifications. I have the notifications turned off for the fbook app bc I do not want to see them on my phone, only when I actually use the fbook app. Why is this at the top now? It will not go away. Any suggestions on how to resolve this/stop it from happening? I unchecked all the options in the app for notifications too.

I do not use fbook too often and this sort of annoyed me.

Thanks!
    09-23-11 08:29 AM
    Just got my new Torch 9810 yesterday. Today when I went on the Facebook app everything was fine and then when I closed it at the top of my screen where it usually shows a new txt msg, etc. It says "5 and then the fbook logo" like there's 5 notifications. I have the notifications turned off for the fbook app bc I do not want to see them on my phone, only when I actually use the fbook app. Why is this at the top now? It will not go away. Any suggestions on how to resolve this/stop it from happening? I unchecked all the options in the app for notifications too.

I do not use fbook too often and this sort of annoyed me.

Thanks!
    Yeah, it's a documented problem. Basically, if you don't want to receive FB notifications, you have to log out of the app. Or uninstall it.
    09-23-11 08:39 AM
    You may also want to go into your notifications section of the FB app, highlight the date at the top, press menu, and select "mark all opened". I would also do the same in the messages section as well. I've noticed from time to time an unopened notification will show on the notifications banner. Doing this will usually clear it up.

Whenever you open the FB app, my understanding is that it will automatically check for any new, or unopened notifications. This is probably what you're experiencing.
    09-23-11 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD