So I've tried every thing imagineable (ok, at least in my limited technological mind), to NOT receive email notifications to my BB handheld inbox, only to my Facebook application (you know, the red * thingy).

I used to have this function in smooth working order, then one day, it all changed when my BB rebooted on it's own.

I've gone into the "OPTIONS" setting in the FB app to uncheck the Message application feature and I still get the emails to my BB inbox. Now, I do like the emails to my desktop email (Outlook).

What am I missing? I know there is a step that's staring at me that I'm overlooking.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, I have the BB Bold. Thanks.
    08-31-10 09:36 AM
    Uncheck message application. It will be in trash on outlook though. You can go to facebook and turn off sending to trash, but it will most likely send email to BB too as I don't think you can turn off BB and not outlook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 09:47 AM
    In Facebook Options under 'Facebook Notifications', there is an option that says"Turn off all Facebook Email Notifications'. However, I think that will also stop it from going into your Outlook inbox as well.
    08-31-10 09:57 AM
    Thanks all...I've tried both of these. I still want to receive the notifications to my desktop inbox, but just not on my BB inbox.

I used to be able to do this, but for some reason now I can't.

Still searching....and taking suggestions!
    08-31-10 10:30 AM
    Set up a filter on your BIS for the email account that the email notifications go to.

You can filter out all facebook.com emails to not send to the device then they'll be in your mailbox still but never on the Blackberry.

Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 06:00 AM
    God love ya, mark-d. I appreciate it. So far that seems to be the ticket!!!!
    09-01-10 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD