Ive had problems with the facebook app since i got my BB, i was wondering if someone could help me please.
    When i login it says connecting & then comes up -

could not connect because a datat service is not available.

Ive googled loads of sites in the past 3wks & come up with nothing
    Thank you
    03-31-10 10:30 AM
    Okay
    Go to options> Advanced options> applications.
    And delete it.

Its broken for right now.
    But it used to be awesome.
    Its just a bit screwy ever since the UI update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 03:02 PM
    Okay
    Go to options> Advanced options> applications.
    And delete it.

Its broken for right now.
    But it used to be awesome.
    Its just a bit screwy ever since the UI update.
    I really liked the FB app until sometime just before Christmas when something went very wrong. Has there ever been any confirmation from RIM or FB that something did indeed change and has never been repaired???

I just log in via the web now and have gotten used to it but do miss the app.
    03-31-10 03:19 PM
    Nothing is wrong with it, using it as we speak. Do you have the latest version?
    03-31-10 08:58 PM
    Its fixed?
    I remember being able to post on peoples walls straight from my messages. Then after the UI update it got all messed up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 07:01 AM
    The only problem I have with the app is that I am unable to upload my pictures from the phone with it. It always says "Upload Failed".
    04-01-10 09:44 AM
    The only problem I have with the app is that I am unable to upload my pictures from the phone with it. It always says "Upload Failed".
    Same here...another issue I have had regularly is the inability to post to make a Wall Post on some friends' Walls. It would give an error about that user not allowing that action or something along those lines. Those users had no special settings to set that up and I've never gotten a similar error while FBing thru the web.
    04-01-10 10:13 AM
    Nothing is wrong with it, using it as we speak. Do you have the latest version?
    I keep checking for updates hoping there would be a fix...I am running the current version.
    04-01-10 10:14 AM
    if you have your pictures set to large, change them to medium
    04-05-10 05:15 AM
    Also with the pictures, make sure the album you're uploading to isn't full (200 pictures max).
    04-05-10 08:35 PM
    i tried downloading the app from blackberry's website yesterday, said my 8310 was unsupported, and i have the newest available OS installed for my 8310..
    04-06-10 11:13 AM
    Delete it... it's not worth having on your phone huge memory leak its horrible
    04-06-10 12:47 PM
    The facebook app sucks now. They need to fix it and fast

Mine just deleted my whole calendar
    04-06-10 09:39 PM
    Seriously...the Facebook app is ridiculous right now. It used to be more stable. Right now its slow and laggy, and theres no way to look at "info" on people's profiles. I've "liked" many things by accident when I was trying to click "more"

I'm glad that RIM is making the blackberry more marketable for the mainstream, really I am; but it seems to baffle me that they are skimping out on one of the more important features for that mainstream market: social networking.

I was actually standing behind someone today on an escalator while they opened facebook, checked their news, closed it. and i was behind with my 9700 waiting for my newsfeed to load.. it never did until I was at the bottom of the escalator.
    04-07-10 10:18 PM
    Thank you for the replies. Ive deleted it. I downloaded it from facebook & from blackberry site but it just wont let me login at all. Ive spoke to a few people who have newer BB & theres works fine
    04-08-10 04:40 AM
    I realized that when i took out my microsd card, the facebook application on my blackberry bold 9700 was running fine. And when i inserted my microsd card back again in the phone, the facebook again ran very slowly. I guessed it must be some connection problem between the facebook apps and the microsd card.

Can anyone confirm this, pl.

Yus
    06-01-10 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD