I did a search and can't seem to find an answer...

Is there a way to TURN OFF only the incoming inbox messages from the Facebook Application?

I ask because I also have the Facebook Messenger app installed so I already receive my messages here (and much faster than the facebook app) so do not want to receive two messages every time.

Having two messages come into my messages inbox is annoying.

Thanks in advance.
    07-05-12 01:23 AM
    I did a search and can't seem to find an answer...

Is there a way to TURN OFF only the incoming inbox messages from the Facebook Application?

I ask because I also have the Facebook Messenger app installed so I already receive my messages here (and much faster than the facebook app) so do not want to receive two messages every time.

Having two messages come into my messages inbox is annoying.

Thanks in advance.
    Just going into options on the FB app and turn off notifications.. also untick the box that say's refresh messages. Easy peasy...
    07-05-12 02:25 AM
    I unfortunately don't think that's the solution...."Turn off notifications" also turns off all other notifications, like comments, etc. I think turning off "refresh messages" helps, but if you visit the messages section in the FB app, it'll refresh everything and double.
    07-05-12 03:33 AM
    Yes, turning off notifications turns off everything. I like receiving comments etc. it would be nice to be able to control what you are notified about.
    07-05-12 06:49 PM
    Try the new Facebook in BB Beta Zone. I have been getting my message and other notifications instantly. If it works for you, then you can get rid of Facebook Messenger.
    07-05-12 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD