Tonight, I was at dinner with a friend, and was playing around with her iPhone. For the heck of it, I tried out her Facebook App, to see how it compared, and it was day and night. It allowed you to do pretty much everything through the app, and also let you use Facebook Chat, inside the application.

Will the Blackberry app ever have everything like the Facebook version? Seems like the Blackberry version is significantly crappier, and almost a waste other then status updates.
    11-30-08 01:23 AM
    It's because the Facebook application for the iPhone was designed by Facebook. While the one for the Blackberry was designed by RIM.

So no, I don't think it will improve for awhile...
    11-30-08 01:38 AM
    isn't version 1.5 due out in Jan supposed to be a much improved version?
    11-30-08 01:41 AM
    i hope it will be improved, i don't even have the app, i just go on the mobile site now
    11-30-08 01:49 AM
    I access my facebook one of two ways. Using the Facebook launcher... which gives me incoming message notifications and some other functions... which is good, but ya, in many other ways kinda limited and lame.

So, I also have it book marked in my BB browser m.facebook.com (without the www) and that gives me way more Facebook access. It's also setup so when I click the bookmark it auto signs in. It's pretty decent

I use both.
    11-30-08 02:08 AM
    The Facebook App is good for receiving notifications straight to your phone, that was obviously the main feature RIM were going for.

As for anything else...m.facebook.com is the way to go!
    11-30-08 07:14 AM
    I thought i read a thread a few weeks ago about the Facebook App for the BB's will be improved soon with another version of it. Perhaps I am wrong, but i swear i read something somewhere. Patience is a virtue kids, well have to wait and see. I hate the current facebook app. Im also not too thrilled with the myspace App either.
    11-30-08 10:39 AM
    anyone on the hi5 wagon?
    11-30-08 10:45 AM
    What is Hi5?.... maybe thats a stupid question, but i dunno.... just throwin it out there.
    11-30-08 10:46 AM
    I read a new version will be available in January (it was posted by someone on CB last week)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 11:49 AM
    What is Hi5?.... maybe thats a stupid question, but i dunno.... just throwin it out there.
    it's like myspace, but I like hi5 better.

hi5 | Your Friends. Your World.

there's also orkut:
    http://www.orkut.com
    11-30-08 11:50 AM
    Just another social networking site.

11-30-08 11:53 AM
    i definitely agree that the facebook app on the iPhone is tons better than on the bold. i hope to see improvements soon! i haven't tried the m.facebook.com option, i've just been using www. facebook .com url. i'll have to try the former url! thanks!
    01-09-09 01:46 AM
    better off accessing facebook on website than using the app
    01-09-09 02:49 AM
    anyone on the hi5 wagon?
    lmao i havn't heard of that site in years...... it's sure changed since i last used it 10 yrs ago ...actually met my wife off that site
    01-09-09 08:52 AM
    I'm not sure but I heard that with the facebook for iphone you don't get the "push" notifications of your facebook?

I agree though the facebook app is pretty weak for BB but that's because all it does is "re-display" the notification email you get from facebook a little differently.

01-09-09 09:24 AM
    The facebook app and myspace app both need major improvements. But if its main purpose is notifications then it does its job.

01-09-09 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD