I signed up for Facebook a few days ago but after uploading 1 picture using my BB app I am unable to upload again. I have little doubt there is some setting or something but the heck if I can find it.

I take a picture, then click the envelope with the options of Send to Email, MMS or Facebook. When I click Facebook it says Photo Details, so I just select Upload. It says uploading photo then clears. Immediately a message opens on the Facebook app saying 'There was an error uploading this photo' and it didn't upload. The file is about 450k but the first picture that did go thru was about 490k so I don't think size is it (but obviously I don't know much). I took and tried several pictures but nothing.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
    Danny
    09-08-09 08:52 PM
    Go into the Facebook app and you should see a picture of a camera in the top bar, click it then you can upload via through the app.

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 10:13 PM
    Thanks, I tried that, same thing. I can see the message coming across on Facebook as soon as it starts to try and send the picture so it might have something to do with accessing the file. Not sure. BB was of little help either, I tried to enter their site but it woudn't accept my PIN. Palm Pre on Verizon?

Danny

Go into the Facebook app and you should see a picture of a camera in the top bar, click it then you can upload via through the app.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-09-09 08:29 AM
    Try the good ole battery pull trick? Pull the batt while phone is on, wait for a minute, then put it back in & reboot.

09-09-09 10:05 AM
    That was a good suggestion but it made no difference. Watching the little icon on the top of FB, a red asterick comes up as soon as I click upload, indicating a msg came thru. That msg being that the upload failed. Like I said before, its like it can't access the file but it worked the first time so I know its possible. Man this is frustrating!

Are there any settings in the BB to allow FB to access files? Or settings in Facebook?

Danny

Try the good ole battery pull trick? Pull the batt while phone is on, wait for a minute, then put it back in & reboot.

09-09-09 10:30 AM
    Are you uploading to you "Mobile Uploades" Folder or a different folder? I would give facebook/your carrier a day or so. They could be having issues with their systems.

09-09-09 10:53 AM
    I found another thread complaining of the same thing, upload once then nothing else. Tried the suggestion of setting permissions but no help. Apparently this is a software issue. Hummm
    09-09-09 10:55 AM
    Seems to be all over that this is going on! Can't seem to get it fixed. Same thing here been going on for over a week
    09-09-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD