I have to be honest, im a bit suprised at the lack of BB guru's on the site! I am an IT engineer and expected there to be a few people on here who would have more info on this problem straight away.

Seems the only one that understands the problem fully is DanMan1043
    03-13-09 06:15 AM
    I have to be honest, im a bit suprised at the lack of BB guru's on the site! I am an IT engineer and expected there to be a few people on here who would have more info on this problem straight away.

I know users have had issues with BES and FB App before, but since a few BIS users have been having teh app problems too, we need to eliminate BES from your equasion.

Since you are your company's BES administrator, have you thought about trying to set up the blackberry as a non-BES device and changinf your FB settings to a personal email (and setting up BIS under the same email addy)?

Maybe this isn't so simple though. I've never used BES so I don't know how easy it is to do that.

All I can say is I have replicated the issue as a BIS user and a quick re-affirmation of the client side settings seemed to clear my issue.
    03-13-09 06:34 AM
    Another strange thing is today, i seem to have started recieving notifications :S

At first it was only notifications when some one added me as a friend, and still not when someone wrote on my wall, but now i seem to be getting the wall ones to!
    03-13-09 06:35 AM
    I didn't get a friend request on 12th march but tested today and got a wall notification.

I thought that since the email settings, BB os and Facebook app had no updates, it had to be the email notification.

I can't see any noteable differences in the email header though.

Ah well, as long as it works.
    03-13-09 06:45 AM
    The email header was the only thing i could think of too. I presume thats how the app knows to intercept the email. Maybe FB have recently changed mail servers/ headers.
    03-13-09 06:51 AM
    Mine is working now as it was working before all messages etc are coming.
    03-13-09 06:55 AM
    It can only be a facebook issue. Glad its sorted.
    03-13-09 07:09 AM
    Looks like it was pure coinsidence that the first time i installed the APP facebook was having problems. I can confirm all seems to be working fine now!

Feel free to message me on facebook to confirm :P
    03-13-09 07:12 AM

I have noticed that many of the "guru's" have disappeared over the past few weeks. This is going to sound really bad, but I have also noticed that there has been an increase in the number of duplicate issue posts. And frankly there's been an increase in truly stupid threads. If you've been reading, you know the ones I mean. "No data plan or voice plan, but can I stream HBO. Blackberry sux, LOLZ!!" type stuff. I think it's starting to wear on people. Good to see you and DanMan having a good dialogue to work out these types of issues. We could use a lot more threads like this one.
    03-13-09 07:51 AM
    Cheers BT! I receive much help from this forum and I think its only right to try and help others if I can, or at least look at problems logically with others to come to a resolution.
    03-13-09 09:10 AM
    Definitely a Facebook issue - mine just started working again last night. As with the original poster, it was a mere coincidence that it stopped working after a particular action was taken - in my case, changing a theme! Can't wait for v1.5 tho.....they're really screwing around with us!
    03-13-09 04:08 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD